Prabhupada's Rooms Being Renovated
BY: DEVAMRITA DAS
Nov 9, VRINDAVAN (SUN) With regard to a recent mail that was sent out to all of you, titled
"Prabhupada's rooms being destroyed", I beg to submit the following so that the world-wide community of devotees may be correctly informed and assured:
1. The restoration of Srila Prabhupada's rooms in Sri Radha Damodar Mandir, Vrindavan has been authorized and undertaken by ISKCON Vrindavan management.
2. The management of ISKCON Vrindavan also gratefully acknowledge the kind support & cooperation of the Goswmais of the Sri Radha Damodar Mandir in
3. The idea is to restore the rooms to the way they were when Srila
Prabhupada personally lived there.
4. Careful research of letters photographs and files has been conducted for
5. Replicas of original furnishings and paraphernalia have been carefully
crafted or selectively purchased.
6. Thorough notes and photographic records of the restoration procedure have
been regularly presented to the Temple management.
7. Appeals to senior and respected Prabhupada disciples from other ISKCON
centers have been made for the creation of an international committee for
the protection and preservation of Srila Prabhupada's rooms as well as his
house in Vrindavan.
Hopefully the information presented above will clarify any confusion about
the restoration of Srila Prabhupada's rooms at Sri Radha Damodar Mandir.
I humbly request that there be no further discussion on this topic on these
forums. Anyone really interested to have further clarification is welcome to
write to me or to meet me personally.