1. Fortunate Jagannatha Misra and Saci-devi attained Lord Jagannatha Himself as their son.
2. As Rahu swallowed the moon in the month of Phalguna, an infant moon shone with great splendor in Saci's arms.
3. How much wealth, wealth of yoga and worship, did Jagannatha Misra then give in charity to the poor?
4. Although there were no lamps, the maternity-room was filled with light. At that moment Navadvipa was filled with great bliss.
5. Demigods and humans assembled at that place. The Gandharvas and Kinnaras sang and danced.
6. The Supreme Personality of Godhead had personally come to remove the earth's burden. Now everyone was filled with peerless bliss.
7. Turning away from worldly things, everyone is now filled with love for Lord Gaura. Prema dasa now floats in bliss.
1. On the full-moon night of Phalguna month, the moon of Lord Gaura arose in the sky of Saci's lap. Around that moon in the four directions the stars of the devotees shone.
2. When that moon rose the horrible all-pervading darkness of sin was chased far away. Seeing that moon, the lotus flowers of the people's good fortune smiled with ecstatic love. Their hearts became wild with bliss.
3. The cakora birds of the devotees, long distraught over the moonless night of sins, now let out a blissful clamor. Drinking the nectar moonlight, those birds felt their hunger flee far away. Everyone became filled with cooling bliss.
4. Drinking that nectar moonlight of spiritual love, the living entities became filled with bliss. Because of his past misdeeds, Prema dasa did not drink even a single ray of that nectar moonlight. That is why he now rolls about in the dust.
Song 1 (Dhanasi-raga)
1. prema bali nama ati adbhuta
sruta haite kara kane
sri-krishn a-namera swa-guna mahima
keba jana-ite ara
brinda bipinera maha madhurima
prabesa ha-ite kara
keba jana-ite radhara madhurya
rasa yasa camatkara
bhaba anubhaba sattwika bikara
gocara chila ba kara
braje ye bilasa rasa maha-rasa
prema parakiya tattwa
gopira mahima byabhicari sima
kara abagati chila eta
2. dhanya kali dhanya nita-i caitanya
parama karuna kari
bidhi-agocara ye prema-bikara
prakase jagata bhari
3. uttama adhama kichu na bachila
yaciya dileka kola
kahe premananda emana gauranga
antare dhariya dola
1. Without Saci's son, whose ears would have heard the great wonder of the holy names chanted with ecstatic love? Who would have known the glories of Lord Krishna's holy names? Who would have entered into the great sweetness present in Vrindavana? Who would have understood the wonder of Sri Radha's fame, nectar, and sweetness? Who would have understood the bhava, anubhava, and sattvika-bhava ecstasies? Who would have understood the pastimes in Vraja, the rasa and maha-rasa pastimes, the nature of prema, parakiya-rasa, the glories of the gopis, and the highest limit of the vyabhicari-bhavas?
2. The Kali-yuga is fortunate and glorious, for Lord Caitanya and Lord Nityananda mercifully revealed in the Kali-yuga the great ecstasy of pure spiritual love, an ecstasy of love even the demigod Brahma finds beyond His reach.
3. Without considering who was exalted and who degraded, Lord Caitanya and Lord Nityananda begged everyone to accept this gift of ecstatic spiritual love. They embraced everyone. Premananda says: In your hearts please embrace Lord Gauranga.
Song 2 (Dhanasi-raga)
1. (Refrain) emana gauranga bina nahi ara
hena abatara habe ki hayeche hena prema pracara
2. duramati ati patita pashandi
prane na marila kare
hari-nama diya hridaya sudhila
yaciNa ye ghare ghare
3. bhaba birinci ye durlabha prema
jagata phelila dali
kangale pa-iya kha-iya naciya
4. hasiya kandiya preme gadagadi
pulake byapila anga
candale brahmane kare kolakuli
kabe na chila e ranga
5. dakiya hakiya khola karatale
ga-iya dha-iya phire
dekhiya samana tarasa pa-iya
kapata hanila dware
6. e tina bhubana anande bharila
uthila mangala sora
kahe premananda emana gauranga
rati na janmila mora
1. (Refrain) No one is like Lord Gauranga! Will there ever be an avatara like Him, an avatara that preached ecstatic spiritual love as He did?
2. He did not kill the fallen wicked-hearted blasphemers. Instead he went from house to house visiting them. He begged them to chant Lord Krishna's holy names. He gave them the holy names and purified their hearts.
3. To the world He freely gave the rare gift of ecstatic spiritual love, a gift even Brahma and Siva attain only with difficulty. Attaining that gift, the poor people of this world dance and clap their hands.
4. They laugh and weep. Overcome with ecstatic spiritual love, they roll on the ground. The hairs of the bodies stand erect. The brahmanas and candalas hugged. There was great bliss.
5. Loudly they called out the holy names. They played the khola and karatalas. They sang, ran, and danced in a circle. Seeing all this, peaceful composure became afraid, fled, and knocked on people's doors.
6. An auspicious tumult arose. The three worlds were filled with bliss. Premananda says: Alas! Love for Lord Gauranga did not take birth in me.
Song 1 (Suha-i-raga)
1. jaya jaya sri-krishna-caitanya daya-sindhu
patita uddhara hetu jaya dina-bandhu
2. jaya prema-bhakti-data daya kara more
dante trina kari dake e dasa pamare
3. purbete sakshata yata pataki tarila
se bicitra nahe yate abatara kaila
4. mo hena papishtha ebe karaha uddhara
ascarya dayala guna ghushuka samsara
5. bicara karite muni nahe daya-patra
apana sva-bhaba gune karaha kritartha
6. bisesha pratijna suni e-i kali-yuge
e-i bharasaya radhamohana papi mage
1. Glory, glory to Sri Krishn a Caitanya, who is an ocean of mercy! Glory to the friend of the poor! Glory to the savior of the fallen!
2. Glory to the Lord who gives the gift of prema-bhakti! O Lord, please be merciful to me. Placing a straw between his teeth, this insignificant servant calls out to You.
3. In ancient times You personally delivered many sinners. This is not surprising, for that is why You descend to this material world.
4. Now please deliver the sinners like me. All the worlds praise Your wonderful mercy.
5. If You think I am not worthy to receive Your mercy, then please make me worthy.
6. Hearing of Your promise of mercy in the Kali-yuga, the sinner Radhamohana begs to take shelter of You.
Song 2 (Suha-i-raga)
1. jaya jaya sri-krishna-caitanya nama-sara
aparupa kalapa birikha abatara
2. ayacite bitara-i durlabha prema-phala
bancita na bhela pamara sakala
3. cintamani nahe se-i phalera samana
a-candala adi kari taha kaila dana
4. hena prabhu na sebile kona kaja naya
e radhamohana mage carane asraya
1. Glory, glory to Sri Krishna Caitanya, whose holy name is the most glorious! Once in a day of Brahma He descends to this world.
2. The people do not ask for it, but still He gives them the rare gift of spiritual love. He does not deprive anyone, even the most fallen and insignificant.
3. Even the cintamani jewel does not give a result as glorious as the result that comes from His gift. He gives that gift to everyone, even down to the candalas.
4. This Radhamohana, who has never served the Lord and has never done any work for Him, now begs to take shelter at His feet.
Song 3 (Bibhasa-raga)
1. vande visvambhara-pada-kamalam
vara-nija-kantya jagatam aciram
4. satata-virajitam nirupama-sobham
1. I bow down before the lotus flower of Lord Visvambhara's feet, a flower that breaks the sins of Kali-yuga into pieces, . . .
2. . . . a flower with a sweet fragrance that attracts the bumblebees of the devotees, a flower that mercifully breaks the sufferings of separation from the Lord into pieces, . . .
3. . . . a flower that with its own effulgence at once destroys the darkness of illusion in the hearts of this world, . . .
4. . . . a flower that is eternally glorious, a flower with peerless beauty, a flower that Radhamohana yearns to attain.
Song 4 (Bhairabi-raga)
1. pasya saci-sutam anupa-rupam
2. krishn a-raga-krita-manasa-tapam
3. prakatitam purushottama-savishadam
1. Look at Saci's son, whose handsomeness has no peer, handsomeness that breaks into pieces the well of peerless nectar.
2. His heart burns with passionate love for Lord Krishna. He enjoys pastimes with King Prataparudra.
3. He is overcome with feelings of separation from the Supreme Personality of Godhead. With lotus hands the goddess of fortune worships His lotus feet.
4. Overcome with ecstatic spiritual love, He is speechless. Radha-mohana yearns to attain His feet.