Song 1 (Kamoda-raga)
1. saci-suta gaura-hari nabadwipe abatari
karilena bibidha bilasa
sange laiya apriya-gana prakasila sankirtana
badha-ila sabara ullasa
2. kiba se sannyasa bese bhrami prabhu dese dese
nilacale asiya rahila
radhikara preme mati na jani diva-rati
se preme jagata mata-ila
3. nityananda balarama adwaita gunera dhama
gadadhara sribasadi yata
dekhi se adbhuta riti keha na dharaye dhriti
premaya bihwala abirata
4. debera durlabha ratna mila-ila kari yatna
kripaya bala-i laiya mari
kaila kali-yuga dhanya prabhu krishna-caitanya
yasa gaya dasa narahari
1. Descending to this world in Navadvipa, Lord Gaura-hari became Saci's son and enjoyed many pastimes. Performing sankirtana with His dear associates, He filled everyone with bliss.
2. Accepting a sannyasi's garments, the Lord wandered from place to place. Then He stayed always at Nilacala. Wild with the ecstatic love Radha felt, He did not know if it were day or night. He made the whole world wild with that kind of spiritual love.
3. Seeing Lord Gaura-Hari's wonderful pastimes, neither Lord Nityananda-Balarama, nor Lord Advaita, the abode of transcendental virtues, nor Gadadhara, nor Srivasa, nor anyone else could remain peaceful. Without stop they were all overcome with ecstatic spiritual love.
4. Lord Gaura-Hari carefully brought with Him rare and precious jewels, jewels even the demigods cannot obtain. The Lord kindly distributed those jewels to everyone. In this way He made the Kali-yuga a glorious and fortunate time. Thus Narahari dasa sings the glories of Lord Krishna Caitanya.
Song 2 (Baradi-raga)
1. (Refrain) anupama gora abatara
nabadha bhakati rase bistariya saba dese
na karila jatira bicara
2. emana thakura bhaja dura kara saba kaja
chada saba micha abhilasha
caitanyacandera gune alo kare tri-bhubane
anayase haila parakasa
3. caitanya kalpa-taru akhila-jibera guru
golaka baibhaba saba sange
jibere malina dekhi ha-iya karuna ankhi
hari-nama bila-ila range
4. yajna japa dhyana puja anya yuge yata puja
sadhileka ati bada dukhe
e-i ye karila ghore nare yata papa kare
nama laina tari yaya sukhe
5. karuna bigraha sara tulana ki diba ara
patitera pura-ila asa
kichu na bujhiya citte kandiya kandiya pathe
guna gaya narahari dasa
1. (Refrain) The avatara Lord Gaura is without equal. In every country He distributed the nectar of the nine-fold activities of devotional service. He did not consider anyone's caste or birth.
2. Please worship Lord Gaura. Run far from all worldly duties. Renounce all false desires. The glistening light from the moon of Lord Caitanya has filled the three worlds. Now everything is easily seen.
3. Lord Caitanya is a kalpa-taru tree. He is the master of all living entities. He brought glory to this world. With compassionate eyes He saw how the souls in this world had become defiled. So He happily gave them the gift of Lord Krishna's holy names.
4. Yajna, japa, meditation and Deity-worship are the methods of worship for other yugas. In this yuga they are very difficult to perform. In this horrible Kali-yuga the people are sinners. Still, by chanting the holy names they are easily delivered.
5. Lord Caitanya is mercy personified. Who is His equal? The fallen souls' desires He fulfills. In my heart I do not know anything. Weeping and weeping, Narahari dasa sings Lord Gaura's glories.
Song 3 (Dhanasi-raga)
1. (Refrain) gauranga ke jane mahima tomara
kali-yuga uddharite patita-pabana abatara
2. syama-mahodadhi kemane bidhata
mathiya se kara-tala
kata sudha-rasa tahe niramniya
upajila gauranga rasala
3. tri-bhubane prema badara ha-ila
dina hina jana o rasa magana
narahari guna gane
1. (Refrain) O Lord Gauranga, who knows Your glories? O purifier of the fallen, You descended to this world to deliver the people of Kali-yuga.
2. How, simply by playing the karatalas, did You churn the great ocean of love for Lord Krishna? O Lord Gauranga, how many flooding currents of nectar did You make flow from that ocean?
3. You made a monsoon of ecstatic spiritual love flood the three worlds. The poor fallen souls are now plunged in that flood of love. Narahari thus sings the glories of Lord Gauranga.
Song 4 (Bibhasa-raga)
1. (Refrain) pasara na yaya amara gauracandera lila
yanra gune pasu-pakhi bujhaye galiya padaya sila
2. yanhara namera lagi mahesa ha-ila yogi
birinci bhabaye anukshane
brahmara durlabha nama sulabha kariya pahum
yacina de-ola tri-bhubane
3. sri-gauranga ange sobhe pulaka kadamba tahe
aparupa sri-angera sobha
anande bibhora ati narahari dasa tathi
dekhiya se kanakera abha
1. (Refrain) I will not forget Lord Gauracandra's pastimes. When they hear His glories the birds and beasts become plunged in bliss and the very stones melt with bliss.
2. Chanting His name, Siva has become a yogi and Brahma is rapt in meditation. Although the chanting of the holy names is difficult even for Brahma to attain, Lord Gauracandra freely gives that chanting to the people of the three worlds. He begs them please to accept it.
3. Lord Gauranga's limbs are charming and glorious. Standing erect, the hairs of His body are like blossoming kadamba flowers. The glory of His limbs is wonderful. Gazing at the golden splendor of His limbs, Narahari dasa is overcome with bliss.
Song 5 (Pada-raga)
1. phalguna-purnima mangalera sima
nadiya-nagare prati ghare ghare
2. (Refrain) kiba kautuka paraspare
saci-debi bhale putra laiya kole
3. balake dekhite dhaya cari-bhite
keha na dharaye dhriti
grahanandhakare ke cine kahare
asankhya lokera gati
4. balaka-madhuri dekhi ankhi bhari
pasare apana deha
narahari kaya sacira tanaya
prakase ki naba leha
1. When, on the Phalguna-purnima, He who is the supremely auspicious moon of Gokula was manifest in Nadiya-nagara, an ocean of bliss flooded house after house.
2. (Refrain) Placing Him on her lap, Saci gazed at her newborn son. Both were fill with bliss. The maternity-room was filled with glorious splendor.
3. From the four directions everyone ran to see the child. No one was peaceful. In the darkness of the eclipse, who could see anyone? Numberless people came.
4. Gazing at the infant's sweetness, everyone filled his eyes. They forgot their own bodies. Narahari says: Why did everyone fall in love with Saci's newborn son?
Song 6 (Kamoda-raga)
1. parama subha saci-gabhe bilasata gaura gokula naha
kara-i stuti-nati deba-gana ghana bhabane bhara-i uchaha
2. subhaga phalguna purnima-nisi sasi udaye rahu garasi
aiche samaye prakase pahum nija nama pahile prakasi
3. hota jaya jaya-kara jaga-bhari dhiraja dharata na ko-i
misra-bhabane prabesi sisu abaloki unamata ho-i
4. bibidhi mangala raca-i naba naba saba manoratha pura
bhanata narahari bipula-bali kali garaba-bhare bhela cura
1. Manifesting a fair form, Gokula's master was gloriously manifest from Saci's supremely auspicious womb. The demigods came there. Filling the room, they bowed down and offered prayers.
2. On the auspicious full-moon night of Phalguna month, Rahu swallowed the rising moon. At that time the Lord manifested His holy name first. Only in the next moment did He manifest His form.
3. Sounds of "Jaya! Jaya!" filled the world. No one was peaceful. Gazing at the infant in Jagannatha Misra's house, everyone became wild with bliss.
4. Newer and newer kinds of glory and auspiciousness were manifest. Everyone's desires were fulfilled. Narahari says: At that moment powerful Kali-yuga's pride was crushed into dust.
Song 7 (Basanta-raga)
1. jaya jaya jaya mangala-raba, phalguna-purnima-nisi naba sobhita
saci-garbhe prakata gaura baraja-ranjana
jhalakata bara balaka-tanu, kunkuma thira damini janu
camakata mukha-canda madhura dhairaja bhara bhanjana
2. pahum prakase nirakhata, ghana-gana saha sura-gana gagane barashata
kusumabali bipula pulaka bharala angahi
karata kata manoratha cita, cancala bhani caru carita
locana jala-chala kata chabi payata bahu rangahi
3. gayata kinnara sudhanga, bayata mridutara mridanga
dhadhiki dhikita dhik dhik dhik katatak dhinnana
nritya-sura nartaki-caya, bibidha bhati karu abhinaya
ughatatata kathai thai thai ti a-i a-i atennana
4. nirmala dasa-disa ujora, malayanila bahata thora
pika-kula kuhu kata basanta ritu-pati sara saya-e
uchalata sura-sarita-bari, nadiya mahi muda bithari
misra-bhubana kautuke narahari hiya unamataya-e
1. There are auspicious sounds of "Jaya! Jaya! Jaya!" On a beautiful full-moon night of Phalguna from Saci's womb is manifest the fair form of Lord Gaura, Lord Gaura who is in truth Krishna, the delight of Vraja. Infant Lord Gaura is effulgent. He is like kunkuma or like an always-shining lightning flash. The sweetness of His moonlike face fills everyone with wonder, breaks into pieces the peaceful composure of everyone.
2. Sitting on the clouds, the demigods gaze at Lord Gaura. From the sky they shower flowers. The hairs of their bodies stand erect in ecstasy. How many desires come from the demigods' hearts, desires manifested as restless, beautiful words? How much delightful effulgence flows from the demigods' eyes, effulgence pretending to be tears?
3. The Kinnaras sweetly sing. "Dhadhiki dhikita dhik dhik dhik katatak!", the mridangas sweetly say. The celestial dancing-girls dance. Many glorious dramas are enacted in their dances. "Kathai thai thai ti a-i a-i!", the drums declare.
4. The ten directions are effulgent and clear. Fragrant breezes blow from the Malaya Hills. The cuckoos chant ôKuhu!" How many glorious signs of spring, the king of seasons, are manifest? The heavenly Ganga sweetly flows. Nadiya is overcome with bliss. The wonder who has appeared in Jagannatha Misra's home makes Narahari's heart wild with bliss.
Song 8 (Basanta-raga or Todi-raga)
1. bhubana-mano-cora gokula-pati gora
candera janama ki subha-kshane
dekhiya putra-mukha sacira yata sukha
taha ki kahibara pare ane
2. nadiya-pura-nari a-ise sari sari
la-iya thari bhari drabya bahu
su-sajje sura-priya manushe misa-iya
balake nirakhiya thira nahu
3. sri-sita-debi asi sutika-grihe pasi
dekhiya sisu ulasita hiya
malini adi sange bhasaye nana range
karaya kata na mangala-kriya
4. goyalini ba kata goyala sata sata
la-iya dadhi ase caru saje
sabe bihwala-cite purba swabhabete
chadaya dadhi anginara majhe
5. raciya karatali hasiya nace bhali
ta dekhi debe gopa-besa-dhari
nacaye anginate ke ba na nace tate
saghane jaya jaya-dhwani kari
6. bajaya badya hena kautuka nahi yena
misralaye se nandalaye riti
narahari ki kaba prabhu janmotsaba
utsahe karu kichu nahi smriti
1. Gokula's master, who steals the hearts of all the worlds, has come as Lord Gaura. At that auspicious moment, of what use was the ordinary moon in the sky? Gazing at her son's face. Saci became filled with bliss. How can anyone describe what she felt?
2. Multitude after multitude of Nadiya-pura's women came carrying plates with gifts. Elegantly dressed and decorated demigoddesses mingled with the human women. Once gazing at the newborn infant boy, no one remained peaceful.
3. Sri Sita-devi came to the maternity room. Gazing at the infant, she became blissful at heart. Malini and many other ladies also came. They floated in bliss. What auspicious ritual did they not perform?
4. How many cowherd ladies came? Hundreds and hundreds of cowherd men came bringing gifts of yogurt. Everyone was beautifully dressed and decorated. Their hearts were overcome with bliss. They filled the courtyard of the house with their gifts of yogurt.
5. Some played the karatalas and others laughed and danced. Disguised as cowherd men, the demigods watched all of this. In the courtyard the people encouraged each other to dance. Who did not dance? There were loud calls of "Jaya! Jaya!"
6. Instrumental music played. There was great bliss. Nothing could be compared to it. Jagannatha Misra house became like Maharaja Nanda's palace. Narahari says: Is anything like this festival of the Lord's birth? I cannot think of anything like it.
Song 9 (Kamoda-raga)
1. nadiyara nari purusha sukriti mani
mane maha anandita haiya
nima-ira anna-prasane sakale a-isena
nana samagri laina
2. saci-suta-sobha dekhe ankhi bhari
nilambara bhagyamantera kole
naba naba abharanamaya kati-tate patta-dhati
3. hema-sarasija jini tanu-khani
mukhe ki upama candera ghata
mishta-anna-kanika grahane kiba adbhuta
mridu hasira chata
4. ehena utsabe keba dhare dhriti
kahite kautuka na a-ise mukhe
sabe saci jagannatha prasamsaye
narahari hiya uthale sukhe
1. Intent on performing a pious ritual, joyful at heart, and bringing various articles for the ceremony, the men and women of Nadiya come to Nimai's anna-prasana ceremony.
2. They filled their eyes with the splendor of Saci's son as, decorated with new ornaments, and a silk garment tied about His waist, He sits on fortunate Nilambara's lap on the edge of a swing.
3. His body defeats the gold lotus flowers. How can the weak glory of the moon be compared to His glorious face? How can it be compared to the splendor of the wonderful sweet smile that lights His face as He accepts the first drop of sweet-rice?
4. At this festival who can remain peaceful? No one can place on his mouth words to describe the bliss he feels. Everyone praises Saci and Jagannatha Misra. Narahari's heart is flooded with bliss.
Song 10 (Tudi-raga)
1. jagannatha misra maha-sukhe
putra kole kari cumba deya canda-mukhe
2. sire kesa-bhushana sajaya
aguli calite sneha uthale hiyaya
3. nima-i bapera kola haite
bhangi kari namaye angane beda-ite
4. hamagudi bedaya angane
sonara nupura baje su-caru carane
5. calite hera-i ulatiya
calana-madhuri misra dekhe danda-iya
6. samukhe asiya kahe maya
kole cadasiya bapa dhuli lage gaya
7. jananira hate hata diya
kole uthe lahu lahu hasiya hasiya
8. dugdha-bindu sama danta-jyoti
hasite prakasa taya keba dhare dhriti
9. duti ankhe yara pane caya
tare nirantara sukha-samudre bhasaya
10. jananire kole bhala sohe
narahari nichani bhubana-mana-mohe
1. Happily placing Him in his lap, Jagannatha Misra kisses his son's moonlike face.
2. Carefully he decorates his son's hair. His heart is flooded with love.
3. Then, with a gesture indicating His desire, little Nimai clambers from His father's lap and enters the courtyard.
4. Crawling on all fours, He travels in the courtyard. On His graceful feet the gold anklets jingle.
5. The crawling infant turns and looks. Jagannatha Misra stands and watches the sweetness of His motions.
6. Facing His father, the infant says, "Mama!" Picking Him up and placing Him on His lap, the father brushes the dust from His body.
7. Then he places the child in His mother's hands. Gently gently laughing and laughing, the child stands in His mother's lap.
8. The splendor of His teeth is like drops of milk. Who can be peaceful and indifferent when He smiles and laughs?
9. With her eyes drinking the sight of her son, the mother felt herself always floating in an ocean of bliss.
10. In His mother's lap that child is splendid and glorious. Narahari worships that child, a child who enchants the hearts of all the world.
Song 11 (Tudi-raga)
1. saci thakurani caru chande
hatana sikhaya goracande
2. mridu mridu kahena hasiya
dhara mora anguli asiya
3. suni sukhe nadiyara sasi
mayera anguli dhare hasi
4. dhire dhire uthiya dandaya
du-i cari pada cali yaya
5. chadiya anguli pade bhume
saci kole lana mukha cume
6. kole cadi carana dolaya
bajaye nupura ranga paya
7. angule kacali sthana piye
nahi ye upama taya diye
8. cari-dike cahe bhangi kari
tahate nichani narahari
1. Saci Thakurani gracefully ties Gauracandra's topknot.
2. Gently gently smiling, Saci says: "Hold my finger."
3. Hearing these words, He who is the moon of Nadiya happily smiles and grasps His mother's finger.
4. Slowly slowly she stands Him up. Taking two or four steps, He begins to walk.
5. Letting go of her finger, He falls to the ground. Saci places Him in her lap and kisses His face.
6. Standing in her lap, He moves His feet. The anklets on His reddish feet jingle.
7. First stroking with His finger, He drinks from her breast. I cannot speak any metaphors or similes to describe how glorious He is.
8. From the four directions everyone gazes at Him. Narahari worships Him.
Song 12 (Bibhasa-raga)
1. nisi parabhata samaye ye-rupa ananda sacira ghare
sata sata yuge sahasra badane kincit barnite nare
2. nija jane sukha dite kata ranga janaye gauracanda
bujhiba angina majhete phandila bhubana-mohana phanda
3. seja teji dhana dhana yata jana a-ise ananda kare
se sobha sayare dube puna phire ya-ite naraye ghare
4. ati aparupa priti anukshana upaje sabara mane
o ranga carane sampe tanu mana dasa narahari bhane
1. At dawn a great bliss fills Saci's house. Speaking for hundreds and hundreds of yugas with His thousand mouths, Lord Sesha cannot describe anything of it.
2. How much bliss does child Gauracandra give to His associates? I know a trap has been set in Saci's courtyard, a trap to enchant all the worlds.
3. Leaving His bed, child Gauracandra runs and runs. Anyone who comes near is filled with bliss. They are all plunged in the ocean of Gauracandra's charming glory. They have no power to leave and return to their homes.
4. At every moment wonderful love takes birth in their hearts. They offer their hearts and bodies to child Gauracandra's reddish feet. This Narahari says.
Song 13 (Bibhasa-raga)
1. aha mari mari gaurangacandera carite keba na jhure
nadiya-nibasi nisi adarase parana dharite nare
2. sutiya swapane ana nahi jane mana sarabasa gora
rajani-prabhate gora gora bali jagiya se rase bhora
3. briddha briddha yata purusha prakriti upama nahika karu
kata na yatane keba sirajila swabhaba carita caru
4. narahari pahum nichani se saba briddha parijana pase
gora sneha-bhare gara gara kichu kahe su-madhura bhashe
1. Alas! Alas! Alas! Who does not weep because of child Gaurangacandra's pastimes? Unable at night to see child Gauracandra, Nadiya's people cannot maintain their lives.
2. Lying on their beds to sleep, they cannot think of anything but child Gaurangacandra. Their hearts are rapt in thinking of child Gaurangacandra. At dawn they rise and say, "Gaura! Gaura!" They are overcome with the nectar of love for child Gaura.
3. The men and women cannot think of any metaphors or similes to describe child Gaura. How many times did they try? No one could think of anything that would compare to child Gaura's beautiful glories.
4. With their friends at their side, all the adults of Nadiya worship the child that is Narahari's master. To child Gaura they speak sweet words filled with love.
Song 14 (Bibhasa-raga)
1. suna he su-mati ati nirajane kahiye gupata katha
baraje baraja-pati suta bujhi prakata ha-ila etha
2. nadiya-nagare hena nahi keha na jhure uhara gune
sribasa murari adi yata tara na jiye darasa bine
3. santipura-basi adwaita tapasi satata ethaya rahe
kiba se madhura guna yare tare kata na yatane kahe
4. aha mari mari hena aparupa balaka habe ki ara
narahari sarabasa gauracande karaha galaya hara
1. Please listen, O friend with the saintly heart, and in a secluded place I will tell you a great secret. The son of Vraja's king came to this place.
2. No one is like HIm in Nadiya-nagara. No one was unhappy when his glories were manifest. Without seeing Him, Srivasa, Murari Gupta, and so many great devotees could not even stay alive.
3. Lord Advaita, the great tapasvi from Santipura, stayed here in Nadiya. With how many sweetnesses and glories is Nadiya filled. Even with the greatest effort I could not describe them all.
4. Alas! Alas! Alas! Will there ever again be a wonderful child like Gauracandra? Please place a necklace around child Gauracandra's neck, child Gauracandra who is Narahari's everything.
Song 15 (Bibhasa-raga)
1. aju subha-kshane poha-ila nisi
anande magana nadiya-basi
2. dekhite gaurangacandere snehe
dhana a-ise saba sacira gehe
3. anginara majhe bilase gora
jaga-jana mana nayana cora
4. parikara sobhe sakala dise
udu madhi bidhu upama ki se
5. kichu smriti na-i kahara mane
sabakara ankhi o mukha-pane
6. narahari eka mukhe ki kabe
nija nija rase ulase sabe
1. Night has ended. Now is an auspicious moment. The people of Nadiya are plunged into bliss.
2. Filled with love, everyone runs to Saci's house to see child Gauracandra.
3. In the courtyard Gaura is splendid and glorious. He steals the eyes and hearts of the world's people.
4. His associates around him on every side, He glistens like a moon surrounded by a host of stars.
5. Who thinks of anyone but Him? Everyone drinks with their eyes the sight of His face.
6. Every person is blissful, tasting the nectar of his own relationship with Lord Gaura. Someday will Narahari see His face?
Song 16 (Bibhasa-raga)
1. adwaita-gharani sita thakurani kebala rasera rasi
animikha ankhe nirakhi sundara gaura mukhera hasi
2. o naba carita bhabite bhabite ha-ila puraba para
dhairaja dharite naraye yugala nayane bahaye dhara
3. kata kata katha upajaye cite snehete atura mati
yatana kariya kare upadesa se-rupa sacira prati
4. asesha asisha diya prasamsaye sukhera nahika para
narahari kahe e saba carita bujhite sakati kara
1. Lord Advaita's wife Sita Thakurani, who is flooded with the nectar of spiritual love, with unblinking eyes looks at child Gaura's handsome smiling face.
2. Again and again rapt in meditation on His youthful glories, she cannot remain peaceful. A flood of tears flows from her eyes.
3. How many words of love take birth in her heart? Her heart is overcome. Speaking to Saci, she struggles to express her feelings.
4. She offers every blessing. She speaks words of praise. The ocean of her happiness has no shore. Narahari says: Who has the power to understand all that is in her heart?
Song 17 (Bibhasa-raga)
1. sribasa-banita ati su-carita snehera murati yena
satata lajjita sati pativrata jagata nahika hena
2. praphullita tanu anupama adha basana jhapiya mukhe
sitaya samipe danda-iya ghana nirikhe manera sukhe
3. anginara majhe priya parikara beshtita basiya gora
sundara badana-canda jhalakaye ga-khani son\ara para
4. naba naba saba ki kaba malyani se sobha sayare bhase
aparupa prema-bala-i la-iya maru narahari dase
1. In this world no saintly wife devoted to her husband is like Srivasa's wife, who is always modest and saintly, and who is like spiritual love personified.
2. Her peerless form blossoms with happiness. Her face is half covered by her garment. Standing next to Sita, she gazes at the small boy who brings joy to her heart.
3. Surrounded by His dear associates, child Gaura stands in the courtyard. The handsome moon of His face shines. His limbs glisten like gold.
4. He is decorated with garlands of newer and newer flowers. He floats in an ocean of splendor. Narahari dasa is attacked by a great calamity of wonderful love for Him.
Song 18 (Bibhasa-raga)
1. rajani-prabhate saci-debi cite anandera nahi ora
o mukha nirakhi nare sambarite nayane bahaye lora
2. sitara carane dhariya yatane kahaye madhura bani
kebala tarasa tomadera ogo bhela manda nahi jani
3. apana janiya nima-i-candere satata prasanna haba
cira ayu haina sukhe thake yena e-ise asisha diba
4. keha nahi mora kata nibediba e sisu ankhira tara
e-i karo yena ghare thake sada ghucaye cancala dhara
5. ara bali biswarupa mora e-i nima-i jibana prana
tila adha yena na haya biccheda e-i bara dibe dana
6. e-i rupa kata kahiya turite karaya mangala nita
narahari eka mukhe ki kahibe atula mayera prita
1. At sunrise the bliss in Saci's heart has no end. As she gazes at her son's face, so many tears flow from her eyes she cannot see.
2. Grasping Sita's feet, she earnestly speaks sweet words. She says, "I have all faith in you. You are good and saintly. I know nothing bad of you."
3. Sita says, "I know you well. May Nimaicandra always be pure. May He live long. May He always be happy. These benedictions I will give."
4. Saci says, "I will not ask any benedictions for myself. How many benedictions will I request? I ask that you give the benediction that the stars of my son's eyes will peacefully remain at home. I will destroy the great flood of His restlessness.
5. "Nimai is my life and breath. Only my Visvarupa is like Him. Let Him not be separated from me for even a single sesame seed's worth of time. Please give that benediction to me."
6. How many words are spoken like this? Then the auspicious ritual is quickly performed. Narahari has only one mouth. How can he describe the peerless love mother Saci feels for Lord Gaura?
Song 19 (Bibhasa-raga)
1. aju ki ananda sri-saci-bhubane rajani-prabhata-kale
priya-parikara majhe biswambhara bilase bhangima bhale
2. yara ye-i bhaba se-bhabe bhabita sabare karaye sukhi
bhubana-mohana guna-mani hena su-ghada kabhu na dekhi
3. briddha briddha-nari yata atisaya atura snehera bhare
o mukha-candrama heri heri keha dhairaja dharite nare
4. nayanete bari bahe anibara marama ananda-mane
narahari prana gauranga-carita punah paraspara bhane
1. At dawn bliss fills Saci's house. In the middle of His friends, child Visvambhara gracefully plays.
2. He delights everyone. Everyone is rapt in thinking of Him. He is like a jewel of virtues. He charms all the worlds. No one has seen anyone like Him.
3. The adults, the men and women, are filled with love for Him. Gazing and gazing at His moonlike face, no one can remain peaceful.
4. Without stop tears flow from their eyes. Their hearts are filled with bliss. Again and again they recount the pastimes of child Gauranga, Gauranga who is Narahari's very life and breath.
Song 20 (Bibhasa-raga)
1. nadiyara ati punyabati pati-
brata-ganera ki manera gati
nija-putre mana na-i anukshana
bhane sacisuta-carita riti
2. nisi sesha dekhi sayana upekhi
tila adha nahi dairaja bandhe
nana drabya thari bhari sari sari
laiya cale dite nadiya-cande
3. sacira grihete prabesita cite
uthalaye kata kautuka sindhu
dekhaye sakale jananira kole
khele basi gora gokula-indu
4. judaya nayana narigana-prana
pa-iya kole kari pasare deha
kahe narahari aha mari mari
kiba sirajila e hena leha
1. Where do the thoughts of Nadiya's saintly ladies run? Not to their own children. At every moment the ladies talk of Saci's son.
2. Leaving their beds at sunrise, even for a half a sesame seed's worth of time they cannot be peaceful. Gathering many gifts, they hurry to give them to child Gaura, who is like the moon of Nadiya.
3. How many oceans of bliss flood their hearts when they enter Saci's house? Playing on His mother's lap, child Gaura allows them to see Him, Gaura who in truth is Lord Krishna Himself, Krishna the moon of Gokula.
4. For these ladies child Gaura is like their life and breath. He brings cooling bliss to their eyes. Hugging Him, the ladies forget their own bodies. Narahari says: Ah! Ah! Ah! Someday will I love child Gaura as these great devotees do?