Song 1 (Sri-raga)
1. ke yabe ke yabe bha-i bhaba-sindhu para
dhanya kali-yugera caitanya abatara
2. amara gaurangera ghate adana khelaya
jada andha badhira abadhi para haya
3. hari-namera nauka-khani sri-guru khandari
sankirtana keroyala du bahu pasari
4. saba jiba haila para premera batase
padiya rahila locana apanara doshe
1. Who will cross? O my brothers, who will cross this ocean of birth and death?
2. My Lord Gauranga is accepting everyone at His boat-landing. Everyone, including even the fools, the blind, and the deaf have come there to make the crossing.
3. The ferry-boat is Lord Krishna's holy names. The boat-captain is the spiritual master. The oars in the outstretched hands are sankirtana.
4. The favorable breeze is ecstatic love for Lord Krishna. Now every fallen soul has crossed to the farther shore of the ocean. Only Locana dasa, by his own fault, is left behind.
Song 2 (Dhanasi-raga)
1. jibera bhagye abani bihare dona bha-i
bhubana-mohana goracanda nita-i
2. kali-yuge jiba yata chila acetana
hari-namamrita diya karila cetana
3. hena abatara bha-i kabhu suni na-i
pataki uddhara kaila ghare ghare ya-i
4. hena abatara bha-i na-i kona yuge
kona abatare se papira papa mage
5. rudhira padila ange kha-iya prahara
yaci prema diya tare karila uddhara
6. nama-prema-sudhate bharila tri-bhubana
ekala bancita bela e dasa locana
1. To bring good fortune to the fallen souls, two persons, namely Lord Gauracandra and Lord Nitai, two persons who charm all the worlds, now enjoy pastimes on this earth.
2. In Kali-yuga the people have fallen lifeless and unconscious. By giving them the nectar of Lord Krishna's holy name, these two Lords have brought them back to life.
3. O my brothers, what kind of avataras are these two Lords? Never have i heard of anyone like Them. They deliver the fallen sinners. They go from house to house searching for them.
4. O my brothers, never have there been such avataras. Never in any yuga. What avatara begs the sinners for a gift of their sinful reactions?
5. Even when They were struck and blood flowed from Their bodies, these avataras, begging them please to accept the gift of ecstatic spiritual love, delivered the attackers.
6. These avataras filled the three worlds with the nectar of love for the holy names. Only Locana dasa could not taste that nectar. Only he was cheated of that nectar.
Song 3 (Bibhasa-raga or Tudi-raga)
1. hera dekhiya nayana bhariya
ki ara puchasi ane
nadiya-nagare sacira mandire
candera udaya dine
2. kiye lakhabana kashila-kancana
rupera nichani gora
sacira udara jalada nikasila
sthira bijuri para
3. kata bidhu-bara badana ujora
nisi disi sama sobhe
4. a-janu-lambita bhuja su-balita
nabhi hema sarobara
kati kari-ari uru hema-giri
e locana manohara
1. Look! Now that you have filled your eyes, what further questions do you have? In Nadiya-nagara, in Saci's house, in the daytime a moon shines.
2. Gold purified how many thousands of times shines as Gaura's fair body? From the monsoon-cloud of Saci's womb has come a stationary lightning-flash.
3. How many glorious moons shine as Gaura's face? Even at night they fill all the directions with light. Yearning to gather nectar, the black bees of His eyes fly to the lotus flowers of His ears.
4. His graceful arms reach to His knees. His navel is a gold lake. His waist is a lion's waist. His thighs are golden mountains. He charms Locana dasa's heart.
1. eka-dina mane pahum kaila acambita
Song 4 (Dhanasi-raga)
purba desa yaba ami saba jana hita
2. yatra kari yara pahum sange nija jana
chataphata kare saci mayera jibana
3. mayere kahena prabhu na bhabiha tumi
tomara nikate sada rahiba ye ami
4. lakshmire karila prabhu hasiya uttara
matara sebaya tumi ha-iba tat-para
5. subha-yatra kare pahum sange nija jana
kautuke bhramana kare anandita mana
6. brahmana saj-jana baise padmabati tate
dibya purusha nari snana kare ghate
7. biswambhara snana kaila se-padmabati
saba-jana papa-hare snana kaile tathi
8. purba-dese basati karaya yata-jana
sabhare yaciya pahum dile hari-nama
9. suci ba asuci kiba acara bicara
na manila sabare karila bhaba para
10. nama-sankirtana prabhu nauka saja-iya
para kaila sarba-loke apani yaciya
11. ye-jana palaya tare dhare kole kari
bhaba-nadi kare para gauranga sri-hari
12. locana kahiche pahum sarba-loka-pati
karuna prakasi lokera kaila suddha-mati
1. One day Lord Gaura suddenly thought in His heart: For the benefit of the people there, I will go east."
2. Taking His closest companions with Him, Lord Gaura would travel east. He who is mother Saci's very life was restless to travel.
3. To His mother Lord Gaura said: "Please don't worry. I will always be near you."
4. To Lakshmipriya smiling Lord Gaura said: "Serve My mother. Be devoted to her."
5. Accompanied by His close companions, Lord Gaura began His auspicious journey. With a happy heart He traveled.
6. Brahmanas and saintly persons stayed on the bank of the Padmavati. Effulgent spiritual men an women bathed at the ghatas there.
7. When Lord Visvambhara bathed in the Padmavati, everyone became freed of sins by bathing there.
8. The people who lived in the east Lord Gaura begged to accept the holy name. He gave them the chanting of Lord Krishna's holy name.
9. He did not consider who was pure or impure, or who had acted well or ill. Everyone He carried to farther bank of the river of birth and death.
10. Lord Gaura built a boat of nama-sankirtana (chanting of the holy names). He personally begged everyone to enter that boat. With that boat He brought them all to the farther bank of the river of birth and death.
11. Anyone who fled from Him, He caught in His arms. Lord Gauranga, who is Lord Krishna Himself, carried those persons to the farther bank of the river of birth and death.
12. Locana dasa says: Lord Gaura is the master of all the worlds. Giving His mercy to the people, He made them all pure at heart.
Song 5 (Dhanasi-raga)
1. patibrata lakshmi-debi pati-gata prana
anande sacira seba karaya bidhana
2. debatara sajja kare griha sammarjana
dhupa dipa naibedyadi malya-candana
3. saba samskari deya debatara ghare
bahura silpataya saci apana pasara
4. e-i-rupe ache saci lakshmira sahite
daiba niyojita karma na haya khandite
5. gauranga-birahe lakshmi katara antara
anurage birahe byakula kalebara
6. biraha ha-ila murtimanta sarpakara
dekhiya lakshmira mane ha-ila camatkara
7. damsileka se-i sarpa lakshmira carane
lakshmira swaraga prapti e locana bhane
1. Lakshmipriya-devi, who is devoted to her husband, and who has dedicated her life's breath to her husband, happily serves mother Saci.
2. She dresses and decorates the Deity. She cleans the house. She burns incense, lights lamps, cooks for the Deity, prepares sandal paste and flower garlands, and performs many other like services.
3. Saci artistically decorates the Deity room in many ways. Rapt in this service, she forgets herself.
4. As long as they are rapt in the Deity's service, Saci and Lakshmipriya are not broken into pieces by grief.
5. Still, in separation from Lord Gauranga, Lakshmipriya finds her heart is tormented with grief. In His absence, her love for Him overwhelms her body.
6. Her grief in His absence eventually assumed the form of a snake. Seeing that snake, Lakshmipriya felt great wonder in her heart.
7. That snake bit Lakshmipriya's foot. Then Lakshmipriya returned to the spiritual world. This Locana dasa says.
Song 6 (Dhanasi-raga)
1. gharere a-ila prabhu ratna laina
matri sthane dila dhana harashita haina
2. namaskara kari prabhu nehare badana
birasa badana saci na kahe bacana
3. prabhu kahe kena mata birasa badana
tomare mailna dekhi pode mora mana
4. e bola suniya saci gadagada bhasha
jharaye ankhira nira bhija hoya basa
5. kahite na pare kichu sa-karuna kantha
kahila amara badhu calila baikuntha
6. prabhu kahe soka teji suna mora mata
nirbandha na ghuce se-i likhana bidhata
7. putrera bacana saci suni sabadhane
soka na karila kichu na karila mane
8. kahaye locana dasa sunaha caritra
laksmi swarge arohana biswambhara sangita
1. Lord Gaura returns home with many jewels. To mother Saci He happily gives the wealth He had brought.
2. Lord Gaura bows down before her and gazes at her face. He face drawn and withered, Saci speaks not a word.
3. Lord Gaura says, "Mother, why is your face so drawn and withered? When I see your face so sad, My heart bursts into flames.
4. Hearing these words, Saci speaks some broken words in a choked voice. Tears stream from her eyes and wet the cloth over her heart.
5. She has no power to speak. Grief fills her throat. Finally she says, "My daughter-in-law has gone to Vaikuntha."
6. Lord Gaura says, "Renounce your grief. O mother, please hear My words. No one can destroy his destiny, the destiny Lord Brahma writes on his forehead."
7. Carefully listening to her son's words, Saci did not lament. She did not lament in her heart.
8. Locana dasa says: Please hear this pastime, the pastime of Lakshmipriya's ascent to Vaikuntha. In this way I have sung of Lord Visvambhara's pastimes.
Song 1 (Suha-i-raga)
1. (Refrain) dekha bhai agama nigame
caitanya nitai bine dayara na-i papi-loka taha nahi jane
2. satya treta dvapara satya-yugera isvara
dhyana yajna puja prakasila
se-i brindabana canda dhari nata-bara chanda
se yuge gopire prema dila
3. se-jana gokula-natha kamsa kesi kaila pata
yare kahe yasoda-kumara
nabadvipe abatari se-i haila gaura hari
patakire karite uddhara
4. tahara agraja-nama rohini-nandana rama
ara yata parishada mile
nija-nama prema-gune patita candala jane
bhasa-ila prema ankhi jale
5. ye mudha pandita-mani paduya tarkika jani
purabe asura haiya chila
dvija madhaba dase bale se-i aparadha phale
e yuge bancita bujhi haila
1. (Refrain) O my brothers, please look in the Agama and Nigama scriptures. No one is merciful like Lord Caitanya and Lord Nitai. This the sinners do not know.
2. He who is the moon of Vrindavana and who in the Satya, Treta, and Dvapara-yugas taught meditation, yajna, and Deity worship, has now become the best of dancers. In this yuga He teaches the love the gopis felt.
3. He who is the master of Gokula, who killed Kamsa and Kesi, and who was Yasoda's little boy, has descended to the town of Navadvipa. Now He is Lord Gaura-Hari. Now He delivers the sinners.
4. In this world He met Balarama, His elder brother, and He also met His eternal associates. He taught the chanting of His holy names. He taught the glories of ecstatic spiritual love. Even the fallen Candalas He made swim in the tears of spiritual love flowing from their eyes.
5. The fools who rejected Lord Caitanya and who thought themselves great scholars and philosophers were all demons in their previous births. Dvija Madhava Dasa says: For this offense these fools were for a whole yuga be cheated of Lord Gaura's gift.
Song 1 (Bala-raga)
1. syamera gaura-barana eka deha
pamara-jana ithe kara-i sandeha
2. saurabha agora murati rasa sara
pakala bhena yaiche phala sahakara
3. gopa-janama punah dvija abatara
nigama na paya-i nigudha bihara
4. prakata karala hari-nama bakhana
nari purukha mukhe suniye ana
5. kari gaura-carana-kamala-madhu-pana
sarasa sangita madhabi dasa bhana
1. Dark Krishna and beautiful Radha have combined in a single fair form. This truth the common people doubt.
2. That fragrant form contains the sweetest nectar. That form is like a tree filled with ripe fruits.
3. He who previously took birth as a gopa has now descended as a brahmana to this world. Even the Vedas do not understand Him. His pastimes are very confidential.
4. He openly revealed the chanting of Lord Hari's holy names. Now no other sound is heard from any man's or woman's mouth.
5. Tasting the sweet nectar at the lotus flower of Lord Gaura's feet, Madhavi dasa sings this sweet song.