1. Folding my palms, I will offer my respectful obeisances to Lord Nimai in Navadvipa. None but He is the friend of the fallen souls.
2. I will offer my respectful obeisances to Lord Advaita, who mercifully revealed Lord Krsna's holy names.
3. I offer my respectful obeisances to Virabhadra's father, who bears the name Nityananda. When He gives the gift of ecstatic spiritual love, all one's desires are at once fulfilled.
4. I offer my respectful obeisances to Rupa Gosvami, Sanatana Gosvami, and Ramananda Raya. I very happily offer my respectful obeisances to Saranga Gosvami.
5. I offer my respectful obeisances to Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya who, learned in all the scriptures, debated with the Lord.
6. To Sarvabhauma the Lord revealed His six-armed form. Gopala dasa says: In this way Sarvabhauma's heart became enlightened.
Song 1 (Suha-i-raga)
1. sri krishna caitanya gora sacira dulala
e-i ye purabe chila gokulera gopala
2. keha keha janaki-ballabha chila rama
keha bale nanda-lala naba-ghana-syama
3. purabe kaliya chila gopi preme bhora
bhabiya radhara barana ebe haila gora
4. chala chala aruna-nayana anuragi
na pa-iya bhabera ora ha-ila bairagi
5. sannyasi bairagi haiya bhrame dese dese
tabu na pa-ila radha premera uddese
6. gobinda-dasiya kaya kisori-kisora
svarupa ramera sane se-i rase bhora
1. In His previous birth Saci's son, fair Sri Krishna Caitanya, was a cowherd boy in Gokula.
2. Some say He was Janaki's beloved, Lord Ramacandra. Others say He was Nanda's son, dark like a monsoon cloud.
3. In ancient times He was dark, but now, overcome by personally experiencing the love the gopis feel for Him, He became fair like Sri Radharani.
4. Tears flowed from His reddened eyes. He could not find the limit of that ecstatic love. He renounced everything.
5. He renounced everything, accepted sannyasa, and wandered from place to place. He tried to understand Radha's love, but He could not.
6. Govinda dasa says: It was in the company of Svarupa Damodara and Ramananda Raya that Lord Caitanya, overwhelmed, tasted the nectar of ecstatic love for Sri Sri Kisori-Kisora, the teenage divine couple.
1. sri krishna caitanya balarama nityananda
Song 2 (Pahida-raga)
parishada sange abatara
golokera prema-dhana sabare yaci-a dila
na la-inu mu-i duracara
2. (Refrain) are pamara mana marame rahala bada lesa
saba hiya dubala mohe bidhi bancita kela
3. sri guru baishnaba pade kalpa-taru-chaya pa-a
saba jiba tapa pasarila
mu-i abhagiya bisha bishaye matiya ra-inu
hena yuge nistara na haila
4. agune pudiya marom jale parabesa karom
bisha kha-a marom mo papiya
e-i mata kari yadi marana na kare bidhi
prana rahe ki sukha lagiya
5. ehena gauranga-guna na karinu srabana
haya haya kari ha hutasa
hare-krishna maha-mantra mukha bhari na la-ilama
1. Accompanied by Their associates, to this world Lord Krishna descended as Lord Caitanya and Lord Balarama descended as Lord Nityananda. They begged everyone please to accept the great treasure of love They had brought from the spiritual world of Goloka. I acted very badly. I refused to accept it.
2. (Refrain) O my wicked heart! A great javelin is now pushed into my heart. The sankirtana chanting of the holy names brought a great monsoon of spiritual love. Every heart was plunged in that monsoon. Only my heart was not plunged. Destiny cheated me.
3. Resting in the shade of the kalpa-taru tree of the feet of Sri Guru and the Vaishnavas every soul has forgotten his burning sufferings. Not I. I am very unfortunate. I drank poison. Now I have become like a wild man. Even after a yuga I will not be delivered.
4. I will throw myself into a fire. I will drown in the waters. Sinful I will drink poison and die. If in spite of all my efforts destiny does not allow me to die then how can I be happy as I live and breathe?
5. I do not hear the descriptions of Lord Gauranga's glories. Alas! Alas! I burn in the flames of a fire. The Hare Krsna maha-mantra does not fill my mouth. Govinda dasa has become a walking corpse.
1. kali timirakula akhila loka dekhi
Song 3 (Sindhuda-raga)
locane prema sudha-rasa rabi khaye jaga-jana-tapa-binasa
2. (Refrain) gaura karuna-sindhu abatara
nija nama ganthiya nama cintamani jagate para-ola hara
3. bhakata kalapa-taru antare antaru
ropaye thamahi thama
tachu pada-tale abalambana pathika
puraye nija nija kama
4. bhaba gajendra cada-ola akincana aichana pahumka bilasa
samsara kalakuta bishe dagadhala ekali gobinda dasa
1. Seeing that all everyone was lost in the darkness of Kali-yuga Lord Caitanya made the moon of His face rise in this world. When the eyes of this world tasted that moon's nectar moonlight of spiritual love everyone felt that his burning sufferings had perished.
2. (Refrain) Lord Gaura who is an ocean of mercy descended to this world. Taking the cintamani jewels of His own holy names He strung a great necklace a necklace He placed on the people of this world.
3. Under the kalpa-taru tree of His devotees' feet Lord Caitanya made a resting place. Taking shelter there the souls traveling in this world find all their desires are fulfilled.
4. The regal elephant of ecstatic spiritual love has picked up the devotees for whom Krsna is the only treasure and placed them in Lord Krsna's pastimes. Only Govinda dasa is left behind. Staying in the world of birth and death He burns in flames of poison.
1. pada-tale bhakata-kalapa-taru sincita pada-makaranda
Song 4 (Sindhuda-raga or Vasanta-raga)
ya kara chaya surasura nara-bara paramananda nirabandha
2. (Refrain) pekhalu gauracandra nata-raja
jangama hema dharadhara uyala kiye nabadvipa majha
3. nayana-nira janita mandakini bhubana bharala tarange
nityananda candra gaura dinamani
bhrama-i pradakshina rasa-range
4. ya kara carana samadhiye sankara caturanana karu asa
so pahum patita kore kari kandaye ki kahaba gobinda-dasa
1. The devotees are walking kalpa-taru trees trees with nectar-filled flowers at their feet. In the shade of those trees the demigods humans and demons find a blissful shelter.
2. (Refrain) I saw Lord Gauracandra the king of dancers. How did golden Mount Meru suddenly appear in the midst of Navadvipa?
3. Flowing from His eyes was a celestial Ganga of tears a Ganga that filled with world with its waves. The moon of Lord Nityananda and the sun of Lord Gaura danced in the nectar dancing circle.
4. Lord Siva meditates on Their feet. Four-headed Lord Brahma yearns to meet Them. These two Lords Lord Caitanya and lord Nityananda, embrace the fallen souls and weep. What more shall Govinda dasa say?
1. kali-yuge sri-caitanya abani karila dhanya
Song 5 (Bhatiyari-raga)
patita-pabana yara bana
purabe radhara bhabe gauranga la-iha ebe
nija rupa dhari kanca sona
2. (Refrain) gauranga patita-pabana abatari
kali bhujangama dekhi hari-name jiba rakhi
apani ha-ila dhanvantari
3. gadadhara adi yata maha maha bhagabata
tara saba gora-guna gaya
akhila bhubana pati goloke yan hara sthiti
hari bali abani lothaya
4. son ari puraba guna murachaya punah punah
parase dharani ulasita
carana kamala kiba nakhara ujora sota
gobinda-dasa se bancita
1. In Kali-yuga Lord Caitanya made the earth fortunate and glorious. He was the purifier of the fallen souls. At that time He manifested a form effulgent like gold a form effulgent like Sri Radha's.
2. (Refrain) Descending to this world Lord Caitanya purified the fallen souls. Seeing (the fallen souls bitten by) the snake of Kali-yuga Lord Caitanya became like Dhanvantari. Giving them the medicine of Lord Krsna's holy names He rescued the fallen souls.
3. Gadadhara and the other great great devotees chanted Lord Gaura's glories. The Supreme Personality of Godhead the master of the all the worlds the master who stays in the spiritual world of Goloka descended to this world. He chanted "Hari!" In ecstasy He rolled on the ground.
4. Remembering the glories of His previous incarnation He fell unconscious again and again. At these times the earth became filled by bliss by His touch. The touch of His lotus feet and lotus toenails made the whole world glorious. Only Govinda dasa was cheated of Their touch.
1. kali kabalita kalusha jadita
Song 6 (Suha-i-raga)
dekhiya jibera dukha
karala udaya ha-iya sadaya
2. (Refrain) dekha gaura gunera nahi sima
dina-hina pa-a bilaya yaci-a
3. jati na bicare a-candale tare
bhaba bhare sada anga talamala gamane bhubana bhora
4. kshane kshane kata karuna karaye
garaje gabhira nade
adhama dekhiya akula ha-iya
dhariya dhariya kande
5. carana kamala ati su-komala
rata utpala rita
badana kamale gada gada svare
ga-oye rasamaya gita
6. hahakara kari bhuja-yuga tuli
bale hari hari bola
radha radha bali kande ucca kari
rahi gadadhara kola
7. murali murali kshane kshane bali
svarupa mukha nehare
gobinda dasiya se bhaba dekhiya
taha ki kahite pare
1. Seeing the sufferings of the fallen souls souls devoured by Kali-yuga souls stunned by their own sins Lord Krsna felt compassion for them. Leaving behind the bliss of Gokola He came to this world.
2. (Refrain) Look at Lord Gaura! His glories have no end. Approaching the poor fallen souls He begs them to accept the gift of ecstatic spiritual love love even the demigod Brahma yearns to attain.
3. Lord Gaura does not consider caste. He gives that love to all even down to the candalas. Lord Gaura is an ocean of mercy. Overcome with ecstatic love His body trembles as He walks. His steps fill the earth with bliss.
4. Moment after moment He is overcome with compassion. In a deep voice He roars. Seeing the fallen souls He is overcome. Hugging and hugging them He weeps.
5. He soft feet are like red lotus flowers. His face is like a lotus flower. His words spoken in a broken voice are the sweetest songs.
6. Raising His arms He roars "Hari! Haribol!" Calling out "Radha ! Radha !" He hugs Gadadhara and weeps.
7. Moment after moment calling out "Flute! Flute!" He gazes at Svarupa Damodara's face. Govinda dasa simply watches all this ecstasy. What power has he to describe it?
1. preme dhala dhala gora kalebara
Song 7 (Kedara-raga)
natana rase bhela bhora
e dina yamini abese abasa
priya gadadhara kora
2. (Refrain) gora pahum karunamaya abatara
yo guna kirtane patita durgata jane
sabe pa-ola nistara
3. hari hari bali bhuja yuga tuli
pulake puraye tanu
aruna dithi jale abani bhasaye
suradhuni dhara bahu janu
4. gupata prema-dhana jaga-bhari bila-ola
purala sabahuka asa
so prema-sindhu bindu nahi pa-ola
pasari gobinda dasa
1. Tears of love stream down Lord Gaura's body. He is overcome with the nectar of dancing. Overcome with ecstasy He hugs dear Gadadhara.
2. (Refrain) Merciful Lord Gaura has descended to this world. Simply by chanting His glories all the fallen unfortunate souls have become delivered.
3. Raising His arms He calls out "Hari! Hari!" The hairs of His body stand erect. From His eyes stream tears that flood the earth tears like the celestial Ganga.
4. The confidential treasure of divine love He freely gave to the people of this world. He fulfilled everyone's desire. He distributed the great ocean of spiritual love. Still He did not give even a single drop to Govinda dasa. Govinda dasa He forgot.
1. patita-pabana parbhura carana
Song 8 (Sri-raga)
sarana la-ila ye
iha paraloke sukhera se lila
dekhite pa-ola se
2. suna suna suna sujana bha-i
bhangala salaka dhanda
manera andhara saba dure gela
bhabite se sukha-canda
3. se-rupa labani se dithi cahani
se manda madhura hasi
se bhuru-bhangima adhara rangima
ugare piyusha rasi
4. se pada sundara nakhara cande
bibidha bilase binoda bilasi
gobinda-dasa se jane
1. They who take shelter of Lord Gaura's feet that purify the fallen souls are able even while they reside in this world to see the Lord's blissful pastimes in the spiritual world.
2. Listen. Listen. Listen O my brothers. the mystery is now broken. When the moon of Lord Gaura's face rises there blinding darkness flees from the heart.
3. His form is handsome. His smiles and glances are sweet. His eyebrows are curved. His lips are red. He is a flood of sweet nectar.
4. His feet are graceful. His toenails are like moons glistening amongst a host of stars. Blissful and glorious He enjoys many pastimes This Govinda dasa knows.
1. jambunada-tanu badana ambuja
Song 9 (Gandhara-raga)
saghane hari hari bola
nayana ambuje baha-i suradhuni
kambu kandhare dola
2. (Refrain) dekha dekha gaura bara dwija-raja
sange sahacara sughada sekhara
uyala nabadwipa majha
3. taruna prema-bhare dina rajani nacata
aruna carana athira
karuna dithi jale e mahi bhasala
nilaya barana gabhira
4. kabahum nacata kabahum ga-ota
kabahum gada gada bhasha
akhila jaga-jane preme purala
bancita gobinda dasa
1. His body is gold. His face is a lotus flower. Loudly He chants "Hari! Hari!" From His lotus eyes a celestial Ganga of tears flows down His conchshell neck.
2. (Refrain) Look! Look at Lord Gaura the king of the brahmanas! Surrounded by His companions He stands at the crest of Navadvipa.
3. Overcome with ever-new ecstatic spiritual love He dances day and night with restless reddish feet. The tears from His merciful eyes flood the world with their deep dark waters.
4. Sometimes He dances. Sometimes He sings. Sometimes He speaks broken words. Every person in the world He has plunged in tthe flood of ecstatic spiritual love. Only Govinda dasa was not plunged. Only he was cheated.
1. lakha-bana kanaka kashila kalebara
Song 10 (Beloyara-raga and Kandarpa-tala)
mohana sumeru jiniya su-thana
gada gada nira thira nahi pa-o-i
bhubana-mohana kiye nayana-sandhana
2. (Refrain) dekha re ma-i sundara saci-nandana
a-janu-lambita bhuja bahu su-balana
3. mayamatta hati bhati gati calana
kiyere malatira mala gora ange dolana
4. sarada-indu jini sundara bayana
prema anande paripurita nayana
5. pada du-i cari calata dagamagiya
thira nahi bandhe padata pahu dhaliya
6. gobinda dasa kahe gora bada rangiya
balihari ya-u mu-i sangera anusangiya
1. His form is more effulgent than gold purified millions of times. He is more charming than golden Mount Sumeru. He speaks broken words in a choked voice. Tears stream from His eyes. He cannot stay still. He enchants the worlds. For what does His eyes search?
2. (Refrain) Look at mother Saci's handsome son! His graceful arms reach to His knees.
3. He walks like a graceful wild elephant. A malati garland sways to and fro on His fair body.
4. His handsome face defeats the autumn moon. Disguised as tears spiritual bliss and love flood His eyes.
5. Staggering He takes two or four steps. Unsteady the Lord falls.
6. Govinda dasa says: I joyfully surrender everything to Lord Gaura. I am a follower of His followers.
1. campaka sona kusuma kanakacala
Song 11 (Saranga-raga)
jitala gaura-tanu labani re
unnata-gima sima nahi anubhaba
jaga-mano-mohana bhan anire
2. (Refrain) jaya saci-nandana tri-bhubana-bandana
3. bipula pulaka kula akula kalebara
gara gara antara prema-bhare
lahu lahu hasini gada gada bhashini
kata mandakini nayane jhare
4. nija rase nacata nayana dhulayata
gayata kata kata bhakata meli
ye rase bhasi abasa mahi-mandala
gobinda dasa tahi parasa na bheli
1. Ah! Lord Gaura's graceful glorious form defeats the yellow campaka flower and the golden mountain. His long neck has grace without end. His graceful gestures charm the world's hearts.
2. (Refrain) Glory to Saci's son! The three worlds bow before Him. He breaks into pieces all fear of the black Kali-yuga snake.
3. The hairs of His body stand erect. His heart is overcome with ecstatic spiritual love. He gently gently smiles. He speaks broken words in a choked voice. How many celestial Gangas of tears flow from His eyes?
4. Tasting the nectar of love for a person who is actually His own self He dances. Overcome with ecstasy His eyelids begin to close. How many devotees assemble there and sing? Overcome every resident of the earth's circle now floats in the nectar of ecstatic love. Only Govinda dasa cannot touch that nectar.
1. gaura barana tanu sohana mohana sundara
Song 12 (Kamoda-raga)
anupama aruna kirana jini ambara
sundara caru bayana
2. (Refrain) pekhalu gaurangacandra bibhora
nabadwipa canda ujora
3. bhabahi bhora ghora duhum locana
naba naba prema-bhara bara tanu sudnara
uyala bhakata gana sanga
4. lahu lahu hasa bhasha mridu bolata
sohata gati ati manda
dina jane nija bija de-i tarala
bancita dasa gobinda
1. His complexion is fair. His form is splendid enchanting handsome sweet and graceful. His garments defeat the peerless rising sun. His face is handsome and graceful.
2. (Refrain) I saw Lord Gaurangacandra. Now I am overcome. Lord Gaura is a splendid moon rising in Navadvipa a moon that destroys the horrible darkness of Kali-yuga's sins.
3. His eyes are restless with ecstatic spiritual love. He frees everyone from the bonds of repeated birth and death. His graceful form is overcome with newer and newer ecstatic spiritual love. He stays amongst the devotees.
4. He gently gently smiles. He speaks sweet words. He slow movements are graceful. Giving them the seed of ecstatic spiritual love He delivers the poor fallen people. Only Govinda dasa He did not deliver. Only Govinda dasa was cheated.
1. pulake balita ati lalita hema-tanu
Song 13 (Bibhasa-raga)
anukhana latana bibhora
kata anubhabi abadhi nahi pa-iye
prema-sindhu baha nayanaka lora
2. (Refrain) jaya jaya bhubana-mangala abatara
kali-yuga barana mada-binibarana
3. nija rase bhasi hasi kshane rom ya-i
akula gada gada bola
prema bhare gara gara na cine apana para
patita janere de-i kola
4. iha sudha-sayare gamana surasura
dina rajani nahi jani
gobinda dasa bindu lagi roya-i
1. The hairs of His graceful golden body stand erect. Moment after moment He is overcome with ecstatic spiritual love. How many feelings of ecstatic spiritual love does he feel? Oceans of spiritual love flow as tears from His eyes.
2. (Refrain) Glory glory to the Supreme Lord who descending to this place brings auspiciousness to the whole world. He stops the raging wild elephant of Kali-yuga. He fills the worlds with the sound of Lord Hari's holy names.
3. He is plunged in the nectar of ecstatic love for a person that is actually His own self. One moment He laughs. The next moment He weeps. Overcome He speaks broken words in a choked voice. Overcome with ecstasy He does not know who He is and who others are. (Overcome with compassion) He embraces the fallen souls.
4. He plunges the demigods and demons in the nectar of ecstatic spiritual love. He does not know if it is day or night. Tasting a drop of that nectar Govinda dasa weeps. Now he knows for certain that Lord Gaura is Sri Krsna Himself Sri Krsna the beloved of the goddess of fortune.
1. dekhata bekata gauracandra bedhala bhakata-nakhata-brinda
Song 14 (Tori -raga)
akhila bhubana ujora-kari kunda-kanaka kantiya
2. agati patita kumuda-bandhu heri uchala rasika sindhu
hridaya-kuhara-timira-hari udita dinahum ratiya
3. sahaje sundara madhura deha anande anande na bandhe theha
dhuli dhuli calata khalata matta-kari-bara-bhatiya
4. latana ghatana bhaigela bhora mukunda madhaba gobinda bola
rom yata hasata dharani khasita sohata pulaka pantiya
5. mahima mahima ko kahu ora nija-para dhari karaye kora
prema amiya harakhi barakhi tarakhita mahi matiya
6. yo rase uttama adhama bhasha bancita ekali gobinda dasa
ko jane ki khane kona gadhala katha kathina chatiya
1. Look at Lord Gaura. He glistens like a moon surrounded by the stars of the devotees a moon glorious like jasmine flowers and gold a moon that fills all the worlds with light.
2. The moon of Lord Gaura is the friend of the lotus flowers that are the fallen sinners who dare not hope for a good future. The moon of Lord Gaura brings great tidal waves to the ocean of the rasika devotees who taste the nectar of transcendental mellows. The moon of Lord Gaura removes the darkness that fills the cave of the heart. The moon of Lord Gaura shines day and night.
3. Lord Gaura's form is naturally handsome and charming. Filled with bliss after bliss He cannot remain peaceful. Overcome with ecstasy He staggers as He walks gloriously staggers like an intoxicated elephant.
4. Overcome with ecstasy He calls out "Mukunda! Madhava! Govinda!" He weeps. He laughs. He falls to the ground. The hairs of His body stand erect. He is glorious.
5. His glories are the best of glories. Who will say where His glories end? Both friends and outsiders He hugs holding them in His arms. Showering a monsoon of the nectar of ecstatic spiritual love He makes this thirsty world wild with bliss.
6. Exalted saints and fallen sinners alike float in that flood of nectar. Only Govinda dasa does not float there. Only he is cheated of that nectar. When will Govinda dasa be soaked by that nectar? Who knows? Alas the wooden umbrella of Govinda dasa's hard heart keeps him always dry.
1. nirupama hema-jyoti jini barana
Song 15 (Kanada-raga)
sangite rangita ranjita carana
2. nacata gauracandra guna-maniya
caudike hari hari dhwani dhani dhaniya
3. sarada-indu-nindi sundara bayana
ahar-nisi prema nijhore jhare nayana
4. bipula pulaka-paripurita deha
nija rase bhasi na paya-i theha
5. jaga-bhari purala ehena-o ananda
mahi maha bancita dasa gobinda
1. His peerless complexion defeats the splendor of gold. The soles of His feet are reddish. He is delighted by the devotees' songs.
2. Adorned with the jewels of all virtues Lord Gauracandra dances. The four directions are filled with sounds of "Hari! Hari!"
3. His handsome face rebukes the autumn moon. Day and night tears of ecstatic spiritual love stream from His eyes.
4. The hairs of His body stand erect. He floats in the nectar of ecstatic spiritual love. He cannot remain peaceful.
5. He fills the worlds with bliss. On the entire earth Govinda dasa alone was cheated of that bliss.
1. suradhuni-tire tira maha bilasa-i
Song 16 (Beloyara-raga)
sama-baya balaka sanga
2. kara-tala tala balita hari-hari-dhwani
nacata nata-bara bhanga
3. (Refrain) jaya saci-nandana tri-bhubana-bandana
purna purna abatara
4. campaka gaura prema-bhare kampa-i
jhampa-i sahacara kora
angahi anga pulakakula akula
kanja nayane jhare lora
5. dhani dhani bhabini catura-siromani
bidagdha jibana jiba
gobinda dasa ehena rasa bancita
abahu srabane nahi piba
1. On the Ganga's banks a boy plays with His friends.
2. Clapping His hands and singing "Hari! Hari!" He who is the best of dancers dances.
3. (Refrain) Glory to Saci's son! The three worlds bow down before Him. He is the perfect and complete Supreme lord descended to this world. He fills the worlds with bliss. He breaks into pieces all fears of the cycle of birth and death. He is rapt in pastimes of sankirtana of chanting the holy names.
4. He is fair like a campaka flower. He trembles in the ecstasy of spiritual love. With great hugs He covers His friends. The hairs of His body stand erect. Tears of ecstatic spiritual love flow from His lotus eyes.
5. "Bravo! Bravo!" call the grown-up ladies. Boy Gaura is supremely intelligent the crest-jewel of the wise. He is the life of all who live. Alas Govinda dasa was cheated of tasting the nectar of love for Him? Even at this moment Govinda dasa has no power to sip with his ears the sweet nectar of these words describing Lord Gaura's pastimes.
1. cita cora gaura anga range phirata bhakata sanga
Song 17 (Tori-raga)
hema-barana harana deha pulaka aruna taruna seha
tapata jagata bandhuya
2. bhabe abasa dibasa-rati nipa-kusuma pulaka-panti
badana sarada induya
saghane rodana saghane hasa anahi bayana birasa bhasha
nibida prema sindhuya
3. ami-a jitala madhura bola aruna carane manjira rola
calata manda manduya
akhila bhubana preme bhasa asa karata gobinda dasa
1. Lord Gaura's limbs rob the heart. Surrounded by His devotees He turns in the dancing-circle. He is more charming than Kamadeva. His body defeats the splendor of gold. The hairs of His body stand erect. He is fair and youthful. He is the only friend of this world a world burning in the flames of many sufferings.
2. Day and night He is overcome with ecstatic spiritual love. Like kadamba filaments the hairs of His body stand erect. His face is glorious like the autumn moon. One moment He weeps. The next moment He laughs. The next moment his mouth speaks bitter words. He floats in an ocean of intense spiritual love.
3. His sweet words defeat nectar. As He slowly slowly walks the anklets at His reddish feet speak again and again. He makes the whole world float in ecstatic spiritual love. Govinda dasa aspires to taste one drop of that ocean of spiritual love.
1. sundara gaura nata-raja
Song 18 (Sri-raga)
kancana kalapa-taru nabadwipa majha
2. hasaki jharaye amiya makaranda
haraki taraka-dyotira chanda
3. pada-tala alaki kamala ghana-raga
tahe kalahamsaki nupura jage
4. gobinda dasa kahaye matimanta
bhulala yahe dwija-raja basanta
1. Handsome Lord Gaura is the king of dancers. He is a golden kalpa-taru tree growing in Navadvipa.
2. His smiles are streams of sweet nectar. His necklace glistens like a host of stars.
3. The soles of His feet are like red lotus flowers. His anklets jangle like cooing swans.
4. Govinda dasa says: The wise devotees are intoxicated by the glories of Lord Gaura the king of the brahmanas.
1. nirada nayane naba-ghana sincane purala mukula abalamba
Song 19 (Sri-raga)
sweda makaranda bindu bindu cuyata bikasita bhaba kadamba
2. (Refrain) pekhanu nata-bara gaura-kisora
abhinaba hema kalapa-taru sancaru suradhuni-tire ujora
3. cancala carana kamala-tale jhankaru bhakata bhramara-gana bhora
parimale lubadha surasura dhaya-i ahar-nisi rahata agora
4. abirata prema-ratana-phala-bitarane akhila manoratha pura
takara carane dina-hina bancita gobinda dasa bahu dura
1. The flood of tears from His monsoon-cloud eyes are like a necklace of flower-buds. His perspiration is like flower-nectar falling drop by drop. His symptoms of ecstasy are like a blossoming kadamba flower.
2. (Refrain) I saw Lord Gaura-kisora the king of dancers. He is like a new-gold kalpa-taru tree effulgent by the Ganga's banks.
3. His quickly-moving feet are a lotus flower that makes the buzzing bees of the devotees wild with bliss. Attracted by that lotus flower's fragrance the eager demigods and demons run to that place. Day and night they stay near that lotus flower.
4. Without stop Lord Gaura gives away the jewel of ecstatic spiritual love. He fulfills the desires of everyone. The poor fallen people all take shelter of His feet. Only Govinda dasa must stay far away. Only he is cheated of Lord Gaura's association.
1. ki herilama aparupa gora guna-nidhi
Song 20 (Sri-raga Dasakusi)
kata-i candra ningadiya yena niramila bidhi
2. ugara-i sudha janu gora-mukhera hasi
nirakhite gora-rupa hridaye raila pasi
3. ankhi palatite kata yuga hena mani
hiyara majhe thora gora-rupa-khani
4. mane abhilasha kshama nahi kara mora
gobinda dasa kahe mu-i bhela bhora
1. What wonder did I see? I was Lord Gaura the treasury of all transcendental virtues. Extracting the nectar from how many moons did the creator create Lord Gaura's form?
2. Lord Gaura's smile is like a stream of sweet nectar. Entering my own heart I see Lord Gaura's form there.
3. If I cannot see Him there how many yugas does every moment seem to me? In my heart I will keep Lord Gaura's form always.
4. A great desire fills my heart. I cannot be patient and peaceful. Govinda dasa says: I am overcome by my desire.
1. aju saci-nandana-naba-abhisheka
Song 21 (Bairabi-raga)
ananda-kanda nayana bhari dekha
2. nityananda adwaita mili range
ga-ota unamata bhakatahi sange
3. hera-ite nirupama kancana-deha
barishaye sabahum nayane ghana meha
4. punah-punah nirakhite gora mukha-indu
5. jaga-bhari purala prema-tarange
bancita gobinda-dasa parasange
1. Filling your eyes with the sight please look at the abhisheka of Saci's son an abhisheka that is the root of all bliss.
2. Nityananda and Advaita come and sing Lord Gaura's glories. The devotees are wild with bliss.
3. The devotees gaze at Lord Gaura's peerless golden form. Their eyes become clouds showering a monsoon of tears of love.
4. Again and again they gaze at the moon of Lord Gaura's face a moon that makes great tiadal waves rise in the nectar ocean of ecstatic spiritual love.
5. Those waves of ecstatic love now flood all the worlds. Only Govinda dasa is not touched by them. Only he is cheated.
1. sribasa pandita bigraha gehe
Song 22 (Bhairabi-raga)
ratna-simhasane sri-gaura sohe
2. bapu sa-e jyoti nikasaye kata
janu udaya bhela bhanu sata sata
3. ta heriya sitapati nita-i
karu abhisheka anande abaga-i
4. kalasi bhari suradhuni-bari
ani basa-ola kari sari sari
5. jhari bhari adwaita mana anande
snana kara-ola sri-gauracande
6. gobinda dasa ati mati manda
na herala so abhisheka ananda
1. In the temple-room of Srivasa Pandita's house sitting on a jewel throne Lord Gaura shines with great splendor.
2. How effulgent is His form! It is like hundreds and hundreds of rising suns.
3. Gazing at Him Lord Nityananda and Lord Advaita joyfully perform Lord Gaura's abhisheka.
4. Many jars of Ganga water are brought. They are placed row after row.
5. Filling a pitcher joyful-hearted Lord Advaita bathes Lord Gauracandra.
6. Govinda dasa is very sad at heart. He did not see Lord Gaura's blissful abhisheka.
1. adwaita acarya gauranga-sire
Song 23 (Bhairabi-raga)
dharata jahnabi-bari dhire dhire
2. snana samapana yaba tachu bhela
nita-i hema-anga mucha-ola
3. patta-basana le-i sribasa pandita
gaura-kalebare karala beshtita
4. cuya candana taba ani gada-i
gora ange lepe sukhe abaga-i
5. gauri-dasa sire dharala chatra
narahari byajane byajaye gatra
6. adabhuta ananda sribasa-gehe
gobinda-dasa bancita bhela tahe
1. Slowly slowly Lord Advaita Acarya pours Ganga water on Lord Gauranga's head.
2. The bathing completed with a towel Lord Nitai carefully dries Lord Gaura's golden limbs.
3. With exquisite garments Srivasa Pandita covers Lord Gaura's body.
4. Bringing sandal-paste and fragrances Gadadhara anoints Lord Gaura's limbs. Gadadhara is plunged into a flood of bliss.
5. Gauri-dasa holds a parasol over Lord Gaura's head. Moving a fan Narahari fans Lord Gaura's body.
6. Wonderful bliss fills Srivasa home. Alas. Govinda dasa did not see it. He was cheated of that sight.