Song 1 (Gandhara-raga)
1. purabe bandhala cuda ebe kesha-hina
nata-bara-besha chadi parila kaupina
2. gabhi dohana bhanda chila bama kare
karanga dharila gora se-i anusare
3. tretaya dharila dhanu dvaparete bamshi
kali-yuge danda dhari ha-ila sannyasi
4. balarama kahe suna nadiya-nibasi
balarama abadhuta kana-i sannyasi
1. Formerly His hair was bound in a topknot. Now He has no hair. Rejecting His colorful garments of a dancing actor, now He wears a sannyasi’s kaupina.
2. Formerly He carried a pot for milking cows. Now He carries a sannyasi’s waterpot. Now His complexion is fair.
3. In Treta-yuga He carried an archer’s bow. In Dvapara-yuga He carried a flute. In Kali-yuga He carries a danda. Now He is a sannyasi.
4. Balarama dasa says: O residents of Nadiya, please hear. Balarama has become an avadhuta, and Krishna has become a sannyasi.
Song 2 (Kedara-raga)
1. gopi-gana-kuca-kunkume ranjita
aruna basana sobhe ange
ra-i parasha rasa-range
2. (Refrain) dekha dekha aparupa gaura-bilasa
lakha yubati rati yo guru lampata
so aba karala sannyasa
3. yo braja-badhu-gana dridha-bhuja-bandhana
abirata rahata agora
so tanu pulake purita aâa dhara dhara
nayane galaye prema-lora
4. yo nata-bara ghana-syama kalebara
kahaye balarama nata-bara so aba
akincana ghare ghare prema-bhikhari
1. In the past He bore marks of red from the kunkuma on the gopis’ breasts. Now a saffron garment decorates His limbs. In the past He was delighted by Srimati Radharani’s sweet touch. Now His fair body rebukes the splendor of gold.
2. (Refrain) Look! Look at Lord Gaura’s wonderful pastimes! The great debauchee who loved millions of girls now has accepted sannyasa.
3. In the past He was tightly bound by the vraja-gopis’ arms. Now He is always overcome with the ecstasy of a devotee’s spiritual love. Now the hairs of His body stand erect in spiritual love. Now tears of spiritual love stream from His eyes.
4. He was the graceful dancer whose body was dark like a monsoon cloud, the dancer who enjoyed pastimes in Vrindavana Forest. Balarama dasa says: That best of dancers has now become a penniless sannyasi. Now He goes from house to house begging everyone to give the alms that they will fall in love with Lord Krishna.
Song 3 (Sindhuda-raga)
1. rupa-koti-kama jini bidagadha-siromani
goloke bihare kutuhale
braja-raja-nandana gopikara prana-dhana
ki lagi lotaya bhumi-tale
2. (Refrain) hari hari ki sela rahila mora buke
ki lagi rasika-raja kande sankirtana-majha
na bujhiya manu mano-dukha
3. sange bilasita yara radha candrabali ara
kata sata baraja-kisori
ebe pahum buka buka na dekhena nari-mukha
ki lagi sannyasi danda-dhari
4. chadi nagarali-besa bhrame pahum desa desa
patita cahiya ghare ghare
cintamani nija-gune uddharila jagaj-jane
balarama dasa bahu-dure
1. Why does He whose handsomeness defeats millions of Kamadevas, who is the crest jewel of the wise and playful, who enjoys blissful pastimes in Goloka, who is Nanda’s son, and who is the gopis’ life-treasure now roll about on the ground?
2. (Refrain) Alas! Alas! A javelin is plunged in my chest! Why does the king of the rasikas now weep in the midst of the holy chanting in sankirtana? I do not understand. My heart is filled with pain.
3. Formerly He enjoyed many pastimes with Radharani, Candravali, and how many hundreds of teenage vraja-gopis? Now the Lord will not even look at a woman’s face. Why did He become a sannyasi holding a danda?
4. Rejecting His garments of a playful lover, the Lord now wanders from place to place. Going from house to house, He visits the fallen people. With the cintamani jewels of His glorious virtues He delivers the people of the world. Only Balarama dasa is left behind.
Song 4 (Kamoda-raga)
1. kali-yuga matta matangaja maradane kumati karini dure gela
pamara duragata nama motima sata
dama kantha bhari dela
2. (Refrain) aparupa gaura biraja
sri-nabadwipa nagara giri-kandare kesari-raja
3. sankirtana ghana hunkriti suna-ite
bhaye akula animadi mrigi-kula
puna-bata garaba teyaga
4. tyaga yaga yama tirikhi barata sama
sasa jambuki jarijati
balarama dasa kahe ata-eba se jama-maha
hari hari sabada kheyati
1. The wild elephants of Kali-yuga have fled. The deer of wicked thoughts are noe far away. They who in the past were sinful and misled now wear necklaces strung with hundreds of pearls of the holy names.
2. (Refrain) The wonderful fair lion of Lord Gaura now enters the mountain cave that is the town of Navadvipa.
3. Hearing that lion’s roar of sankirtana, the tigers of sins become terrified and the deer of anima and other yogic powers renounce all their pride.
4. The rabbits and jackals of renunciation, yajna, self-control, vows, and equanimity are all afraid. Balarama dasa says: This comes from the glory of Lord Gaura’s chanting “Hari! Hari!”
Song 5 (Bhatiyari-raga)
1. (Refrain) yata yata abatara sara
ghusite rahila amara gora abatara
2. brahmara durlabha krishna prema nama dhana
a-candale diya prabhu bharila bhubana
3. mleccha pasanda adi premera banyaya
dubiya sakala loka nace gana gaya
hase kande nace gaya karaye kirtane
5. swarga-martya-patala dubila saba grame
bancita ha-ila eka dasa balarame
1. (Refrain) He is the best of all avataras. This I say of my Lord Gaura-avatara.
2. The treasure of Lord Krishna’s holy name and love for Lord Krishna-a treasure even the demigod Brahma finds difficult to attain-Lord Gaura gives to everyone, even to the candalas. He fills the world with that treasure.
3. He plunges even the mlecchas, blapshemers, and others like them into a flood of the nectar of ecstatic spiritual love. He makes everyone in the world dance and sing.
4. He makes even the birds, beasts, tigers, deer, and fish dance, sing, laugh, and weep in kirtana.
5. He plunges the heavenly, middle, and lower worlds in the nectar of ecstatic love. Only Balarama dasa is not plunged. Only he is cheated.
Song 6 (Kamoda-raga)
1. nabadwipa-gagane uyala dina rati
ghana rase sincala sthala-cara jati
2. dekha dekha gaura jalada abatara
barikhaye preme amiya anibara
3. tad-abadhi jaga-bhari dura-dina bhora
hari-rase dagamaga jaga-jana bhora
4. nacata unamata bhakata mayura
abhakata bheka royata jale bura
5. bhakati lata tina bhubana beyapa
uttama adhama saba prema-phala paba
6. kirtana kulisa roga banacari
jnanase o ghana garaje bidari
7. cita bilopi kasila karama bhujanga
niramila o kali-mada dahana taranga
8. tapita cataka tirapita bhela
dasa-dika sabahum nadi rahi gela
9. dubala abani kaho nahi thama
samsarera acale rahalu balarama
1. Staying in the sky of Navadvipa, a monsoon cloud day and night showers nectar rains on the moving and unmoving beings.
2. Look! Look! The monsoon cloud of Lord Gaura has descended to this world! Without stop It showers the nectar of ecstatic spiritual love.
3. Now the whole world is filled with rain. Now the people are plunged in the nectar of Lord Krishna’s glories.
4. Now the wild-peacock devotees dance. Even the beggar non-devotees are plunged in the nectar waters.
5. Nourished by the rains, the vine of bhakti grows very large and fills the three worlds. Everyone, from the highest to the lowest, will taste the fruit of divine love that grows on that vine.
6. The monsoon cloud of Lord Gaura hurls a thunderbolt of kirtana, a thunderbolt that falls on the imposter sannyasis. The roaring cloud hurls another thunderbolt, a thunderbolt that breaks the impersonalists into pieces.
7. Another thunderbolt cleaves in two the snake of karma’s heart. Then Kali-yuga’s bewildering illusions are drowned in that monsoon’s flooding waves of nectar.
8. The thirsty cataka birds of the devotees are all delighted by drinking the nectar falling from that monsoon cloud. Now the ten directions are filled with flooding rivers of nectar.
9. The whole world is plunged in the flooding nectar of ecstatic spiritual love. There is no escape. Only Balarama dasa has escaped. Standing on the dry mountain peak of repeated birth and death, he has escaped that flood.
Song 7 (Ramakeli-raga)
1. gaura sundara pahum nadiya udaya kari
bhubana bhariya prema-dana
pamara pasanda adi dina hina ksina jati
uddharila diya hari-nama
2. (Refrain) thakura gurangera guna sunite parana kande
ageyana yata jana dekhiya athira mana
hari-bola bali mana bandhe
3. gadadhara dekhi kande pahum thira nahi bandhe
kare dhari swarupa ramananda
pahum mora sri-pada bali lotaya dharani dhuli
kole kari kande nityananda
4. andha badhira yata gora guna unamata
diga bidiga nahi jane
Šbahu tuli hari-bole patita la-iya kole
gora preme jaga-jana bhase
uttama adhama yata tara haila bhagabata
bancita balarama dasa
1. Coming to Nadiya filling the worlds with His gift of ecstatic spiritual love and giving everyone the gift of Lord Krsna's holy names Lord Gaurasundara delivered the sinners the blasphemers the poor the fallen the low-born and everyone else.
2. (Refrain) Hearing of Lord Gauranga’s glories my life-breath weeps. Seeing the people did not know the truth Lord Gauranga His heart unsteady began to call out “Chant the holy name of Hari!”
3. Seeing Gadadhara Lord Gauranga began to weep. Walking with unsteady steps with His hands He grasps Svarupa Damodara and Ramananda Raya. Saying “Ah! The graceful footprints of My Lord!” Lord Gauranga began to roll about in the dust. Then embracing Lord Nityananda He wept.
4. Everyone including even the blind and deaf became wild because of Lord Gaura’s glories. In all the directions no one knew anything but Him. Raising His arms He chanted “Haribol!" He hugged the fallen people. Lord Gaura plunged the people of the world in the nectar of ecstatic spiritual love. From the highest to the lowest He transformed every person into a great devotee of the Lord. Only Balarama dasa He did not transform. Only Balarama dasa was cheated.
Song 8 (Sri-raga)
1. kothaya achila gora emana sundara
o-rupe mugadha kaila nadiya nagara
2. bandhiya cikana kesa diya nana phule
rangana malati yuthi paruli bakule
3. madhu-lobhe madhukara tahe kata ude
o-rupa dekhite prana nahi thake dhade
4. mani-mukutara hara jhalamala buke
prati ange abharana bijuri camake
5. kunkume lepita anga candana misale
a-janu-lambita bhuja bana-mala gale
6. manthara calani gati du-dike helani
amiya uthale kiba gribara dolani
7. calite madhura nade nupura baje paya
balarama dasa bale nichani yan a taya
1. Where is anyone handsome and glorious like Lord Gaura? His handsome form charms all of Nadiya.
2. His glistening hair is neatly bound and decorated with rangana malati yuthi paruli bakula and many other kinds of flowers.
3. Eager for nectar how many black bees fly amongst those flowers? When they see Lord Gaura they cannot keep their life’s breath peaceful within their bodies.
4. A necklace of pearls and jewels glistens on His chest. On His every limb ornaments glisten like lightning.
5. Kunkuma and sandal paste anoint His limbs. His arms reach to His knees. A forest garland rests on His neck.
6. He walks slowly and gracefully. He sways from side to side. His neck sways from side to side. He is a flood of nectar.
7. His anklets sweetly jangle as He walks. Balarama dasa says: Please worship Him.
Song 9 (Beloyara-raga)
1. sahaja-i kancana-kanti kalebara hera-ite jaga-jana-mano-mohaniya
tahe kata koti madana muracha-ola aruna-kirana-hara ambara baniya
2. ra-i prema bhare gamana su-manthara antara gara gara pada-i dharaniya
sweda kampa ghana ghana pulakabali ghana huhunkara karata garajaniya
3. dagamaga deha theha nahi bandha-i duhu dithi meha saghane barakhaniya
o rasa bhora ora nahi pa-o-i patita kore dhari lora sicaniya
4. hari hari bali ro-i kata bilapa-i anande unamata dibasa rajaniya
hari hari raba suni jagata tariya gela bancita balarama dasa pamariya
1. His form is splendid like gold. Gazing at Him the world’s people find their hearts enchanted. How many millions of Kamadevas does He enchant? His splendid garments defeat the rising sun.
2. His heart is overcome with the ecstatic love Sri Radha feels. Slowly he walks. He stumbles and falls to the ground. He trembles and perspires. The hairs of His body stand erect. Loudly He roars.
3. He staggers as He walks. He cannot keep still. Like two clouds His eyes shower a monsoon of tears. He is drowning in an nectar ocean of ecstatic spiritual love. He cannot swim to the shore. He hugs the fallen sinners. He sprinkles them with His tears.
4. How many times does He call out “Hari! Hari!" and weep? Day and night He is wild with ecstatic love. Hearing Him chant “Hari! Hari!” the whole world is delivered. Only fallen Balarama dasa is not delivered. Only he is cheated.