Song 1 (Kedara-raga or Mangala-raga)
1. jaya re jaya re gora sri-saci-nandana
mangala natana suthana re
kirtana anande sribasa ramanande
mukunda basu guna gana re
2. dram dram drimi drimi madala bajata
madhura madira rasala re
sankha karatala ghanta-bara bhala
malina pada-tala tala re
3. ko-i de-i ange sugandhi candana
ko-i de-i malati-mala re
piriti phula-sare marama bhedala
bhabe sahacara bhora re
4. keha bole gora janaki-ballabha
radhara priya pancabana re
nayananandera mane ana nahi jane
amara gadadharera prana re
1. Glory, glory to Saci's son Gaura, the abode of auspicious dancing! In the bliss of kirtana Srivasa, Ramananda, Mukunda, and Vasudeva Ghosha sing His glories.
2. "Driam dram drimi drimi!", the drums declare. The sweet nectar cymbals chime. The conchshells, karatalas, and bells make a sweet sound. The dancers' footsteps mark the beat.
3. Someone anoints Lord Gaura's limbs with fragrant sandal-paste. Someone offers Him a jasmine garland. The devotees are overcome with ecstatic love, their hearts pierced by flower-arrows of love for Lord Gaura.
4. Some say that Lord Gaura is Janaki's beloved Rama, that He is Radha's beloved Krishna, handsome like Kamadeva. In Nayanananda's heart this thought arises: Lord Gaura is the life's breath of my Gadadhara. I do not know anything more than this.
1. goloka chadiya prabhu kena ba abani
Song 2 (Patha-manjari-raga)
kala-rupa kena haila gora-barana-khani
2. hasa bilasa chadi kena pahum kande
na jani thekila gora kara prema-phande
3. kshane krishna krishna bali kande ghana-ghana
khane sakhi sakhi bali karaye rodana
4. mathura mathura bali karaye bilapa
kshane ba akrura bali kare anutapa
5. kshane kshane bale chiye canda candana
dhulaya lotaye kande yata nija-jana
6. chara parana kulabatira na yaya
kahite akula pahum dhulaya lotaya
7. gadadhara kande prana-natha laiya kole
raya ramananda kande pranaya bikale
8. svarupa sri-rupa kande sonari bilasa
na bujhiya kande nayanananda dasa
1. Why did the Supreme Lord leave Goloka? Why did He change His dark form into a form with a fair complexion?
2. Why, leaving behind His pastimes of joking and laughter, does the Lord now weep? I do not know. Why and for whom did Lord Gaura set His trap of ecstatic spiritual love?
3. One moment He calls out "Krishna! Krishna!" and weeps. The next moment He calls out, "Sakhi! Sakhi!"
4. One moment He calls out, "Mathura! Mathura!" Another moment He calls out, "Akrura!" He is distraught.
5. Moment after moment He calls out, "Wretched moon! Wretched sandal paste!" He rolls in the dust. Surrounded by His companions, He weeps.
6. "Although they have been burned into ashes, the saintly gopis do not give up their lives!", He says. Filled with distress, He rolls on the ground.
7. Gadadhara weeps. He hugs the master of his life. Ramananda Raya weeps. He is tossed to and fro by ecstatic spiritual love.
8. Svarupa Damodara and Rupa Gosvami also weep. Remembering these pastimes, but not understanding anything of them, Nayanananda dasa also weeps.
1. gora mora gunera sagara
Song 2 (Patha-manjari-raga)
premera taranna taya uthe nirantara
2. gora mora akalanka sasi
hari-nama-sudha tahe kshare diba-nisi
3. gora mora himadri-sekhara
taha haite prema-ganga bahe nirantara
4. gora mora prema kalpa-taru
yanra pada-chaye jiba sukhe basa karu
5. gora mora naba-jaladhara
barashi sitala yahe kare nari-nara
6. gora mora anandera khani
nayananandera prana yahara nichani
1. My Lord Gaura is an ocean of spiritual virtues, an ocean where waves of ecstatic spiritual love are always rising.
2. My Lord Gaura is a spotless moon, a moon where the nectar of Lord Krishna's holy names flows day and night.
3. My Lord Gaura is a Himalayan mountain peak, a mountain peak from which a Ganga of ecstatic spiritual love always streams.
4. My Lord Gaura is a kalpa-taru tree of ecstatic spiritual love, a tree whose shade gives a blissful residence to the spirit souls.
5. My Lord Gaura is a new raincloud, a raincloud that showers cooling rains on all men and women.
6. My Lord Gaura is a mine filled with the jewels of spiritual bliss. He purifies the life's breath of Nayanananda.
1. kina se sukhera sarobare
Song 4 (Dhanasi-raga)
premera taranga uthaliya pade dhare
2. nacata pahum biswambhare
prema-bhare pada-dhare dharani na dhare
3. bayana kanaya-canda chande
kata sudha barishaye thira nahi bandhe
4. raja-hamsa priya sahacara
keha bhela madhukara keha ba cakora
5. naba naba natana lahari
prema lachima nace nadiya-nagari
6. naba naba bhakati-ratane
ayantane pa-ila saba dina-hina-jane
7. nayanananda kahe sukha sare
se-i brindabana bhela nadiya-nagare
1. Is this not a lake of spiritual bliss, a lake where waves of ecstatic love rise and fall?
2. Lord Visvambhara dances. Overcome with love, the earth cannot remain peaceful with the touch of His feet.
3. Lord Visvambhara is like a golden moon. How many streams of nectar does He shower? He cannot remain peaceful.
4. Some of His dear associates are swans. Some are bumblebees. Some are cakora birds.
5. Overcome with ecstatic spiritual love, the people of Nadiya dance. There are newer and newer waves after waves of dancing.
6. Now even the poor and fallen people easily gather newer and newer jewels of devotional service.
7. Nayanananda says: The supremely blissful spiritual land of Vrindavana is now present in the towns of Nadiya.
1. a-ota piriti murati-maya sagara
Song 5 (Bala-raga or Dhanasi-raga)
aparupa pahum dwija-raja
naba naba bhakata naba rasa yabata
naba tanu ratana samaja
2. (Refrain) bhali bhali nadiya-bihara
sakala baikuntha brindabana sampada
sakala sukhera sukha sara
3. dhani dhani ati dhani aba bhela suradhuni
anande bahe rasa-dhara
snana pana abagaha alingana sangama
kata kata bara
4. pratipura mandira prati taru-kula-tala
phula bipina bilasa
kahe nayanananda preme biswambhara
sabakara pura-ila asa
1. A wonderful Lord who is an ocean of spiritual love personified and who is the king of the brahmanas has come. His devotee companions are filled with newer and newer glory. The spiritual nectar of love He tastes is always newer and newer. His form is like a treasury of newer and newer precious jewels.
2. (Refrain) Glory, glory to the Lord who enjoys pastimes in Nadiya! He brings with Him the glory of Vrindavana and all the Vaikuntha worlds. He brings with Him the best of all kinds of happiness.
3. Glory, glory, great glory to Him! Now a flooding celestial nectar Ganga of spiritual love blissfully flows. How many times does He drink from that nectar river, bathe in it, and plunge into it? How many times does He embrace His companions?
4. In every house, in every flower-filled garden, and under every tree He enjoys pastimes. Nayanananda says: Giving away the gift of ecstatic spiritual love, Lord Visvambhara fulfills every person's desires.
1. kali-ghora-timire garasala jaga-jana
Song 6 (Suha-i-raga)
dharama karama rahu dura
asadhane cintamani bidhi mila-ola ani
gora bada dayara thakura
2. (Refrain) bha-i re bha-i, gora guna kahane na yaya
kata kari-badana kata caturanana
baraniya ora na paya
3. cari beda shada darasana padiyache
se yadi gauranga nahi bhaje
kiba tara adhyayana locana bihina yena
darapane andha kiba kaje
4. beda bidya du-i kichu-i na janata
se yadi gauranga jane sara
nayanananda bhane se-i se sakala jane
sarba-siddhi kara-tale tara
1. The horrible darkness of Kali-yuga swallowed the people of the world. Religion and pious deeds fled far away. Into that situation very merciful Lord Gaura brought a cintamani jewel.
2. (Refrain) My brothers! O, my brothers! No one has the power to describe all of Lord Gaura's glories. How many Ganesas and how many Brahmas may try to describe Him? They have no power to describe all of His glories?
3. Of what use is a person's learning if he studies the four Vedas and the six systems of philosophy, but does not worship Lord Gauranga? He is like a person without eyes. He is like a blind man trying to see himself in a mirror. Of what use is all his studying?
4. A person who does not know that Lord Gauranga is the Supreme does not know anything of Vedas or philosophy. Nayanananda says: A person who knows that Lord Gauranga is the Supreme knows everything. All mystic powers rest in the palm of his hand.
1. mukha-khani purnimara sasi kiba mantra jape
Song 7 (Dhanasri-raga)
bimba bidambita adhara sada-i kena kampe
2. (Refrain) gora nace natana rangiya
akhila jibera mana bandhe prema diya
3. canda kandaye mukha chanda dekhiya
tapana kande ankhi jalada heriya
4. kanca kancana jini naba rasera gora
buka bahi pade prema parasera dhara
5. kahaye nayanananda manera ullase
punah ki dekhiba gora gadadhara pase
1. The full-moon of His mouth chants japa of the maha-mantra. Why do His lips, lips that mock the bimba fruits, always tremble?
2. (Refrain) Lord Gaura gracefully dances. He places a gift of ecstatic spiritual love in every living entity's heart.
3. Seeing the moon of Lord Gaura's face weep, every person's eyes have become like monsoon clouds shedding showers of tears.
4. Sweet with new nectar, Lord Gaura defeats new gold. A flood of tears of ecstatic love streams down His chest.
5. Nayanananda says: With a joyful heart will I again see Lord Gaura at Gadadhara's side?
Song 1 (Gauri-raga)
1. jaya krishna caitanya nityananda candra
advaita acarya jaya gaura-bhakta-vrinda
2. radhe krishna govinda yamuna brindabana
sri-caitanya nityananda rupa sanatana
3. rupa sanatana mora prana-sanatana
kripa kari deha more yugala carana
4. radhe krishna rata mana radhe krishna rata
brindabana yamuna pulina bamsi-bata
5. radhe krishna rata mana radhe krishna rata
vraja-bbume basa kara yamuna nikata
5. radhe krishna radhe krishna radhe krishna rata re
nabadvipe goracanda patiyache hata re
6. radhe krishna radhe krishna radhe krishna rata re
sacira nandana gora kirtane lampata re
7. radhe krishna radhe krishna radhe gobinda
sri-radha-ramana bande e paramananda
1. Glory to Lord Krishna Caitanya! Glory to Lord Nityanandacandra! Glory to Lord Advaita Acarya! Glory to all the devotees of Lord Gauara!
2. Glory to Sri Radha! Glory to Lord Krishna! Glory to Lord Govinda! Glory to the Yamuna! Glory to Vrindavana! Glory to Lord Caitanya and Lord Nityananda! Glory to Rupa Gosvami and Sanatana Gosvami!
3. Rupa Gosvami and Sanatana Gosvami are eternally my very life and soul. O Rupa Gosvami and Sanatana Gosvami, please be merciful and give to me service ot the divine couple's feet.
4. O my heart, please chant, "Radhe! Krishna!" Please chant, "Radhe! Krishna!" Please chant, "Vrindavana! Vamsivata on the Yamuna's banks!"
5. O my heart, please chant, "Radhe! Krishna!" Please chant, "Radhe! Krishna!" Please reside in Vrajabhumi near the Yamuna.
6. Please chant, "Radhe! Krishna! Radhe! Krishna! Radhe! Krishna!" In Navadvipa Lord Gauracandra established His marketplace!
7. Please chant, "Radhe! Krishna! Radhe! Krishna! Radhe! Krishna!" Please be eager to chant the holy names of Saci's son, Lord Gaura!
8. Please chant, "Radhe! Krishna! Radhe! Krishna! Radhe! Govinda!" Paramananda bows down before Sri Radha-ramana.
1. gora abatare yara na haila bhakti-rasa
Song 2 (Kamoda-raga)
ara tara na dekhi upaya
rabira kirane yara ankhi parasanna naila
bidhata bancita bhela taya
2. (Refrain) bhaja goracandera carana
e tina bhubane bha-i dayara thakura na-i
gora bada patita-pabana
3. hema jalada kiye prema sarobara
pa-iya yemana na haya sitala
ki jani kemana mana tara
4. bhaba-taribare hari-nama-mantra bhela kari
apani gauranga kare para
bhabe ye du\biya mare keba uddharibe tare
1. Now that Lord Gaura has descended to this world, anyone who does not relish the sweet nectar of bhakti is like a person whose eyes cannot see even when the sun is shining bright. I do not see any way to help such a person. Destiny has cheated him.
2. (Refrain) Please worship Lord Gauracandra's feet. O my brothers, in all the three worlds no one is merciful like Lord Gaura. He is the great purifier of the fallen souls.
3. He is like a monsoon cloud made of gold. He is a great lake of ecstatic spiritual love. He is an ocean of mercy descended to this world. What kind of heart will not find cooling bliss when it meets Lord Gaura? How can I understand such a heart?
4. The mantra of Lord Krishna's holy names has come to carry everyone across the ocean of birth and death. Lord Gauranga personally carries everyone to the farther shore of that ocean. The souls now drowning in that ocean will all be lifted up and rescued. Only Paramananda is still left behind.
1. (Refrain) gora dayara abadhi guna-nidhi
Song 3 (Suha-i-raga)
gauranga bihare nirabadhi
2. bhuja-yuga aropiya bhakatera kandhe
cali ya-ite na pare goracanda hari hari kande
3. preme chala chala nayana-yugala
kata nadi bahe dhare
pulake purila gora-kalebara
dharani dharite nare
4. sange parishada phire nirantara
hari hari bola bole
priya-sakhara kandhe bhuja-yuga diya
helite dulite cale
5. bhubana bhariya preme utarola patita-pabana nama
suniya bharasa paramanandera manete na laya ana
1. (Refrain) Lord Gaura is a treasure-house of virtues. His mercy is the highest limit of all mercy. In the towns of Nadiya and on the Ganga's banks Lord Gauranga enjoys pastimes without stop.
2. He tries to walk. He has no power to do it. Resting both His arms on two devotees' shoulders, Lord Gauracandra weeps, Hari! Hari!"
3. How many flooding rivers of tears of ecstatic love flow from His eyes? The hairs of His body stand erect. The earth has no power to support His fair form.
4. Surrounded by His associates, He turns and dances. Hari! Haribol!", He calls. His arms clinging to the shoulders of two dear friends, He staggers as He walks.
5. He makes the whole world agitated with ecstatic spiritual love. That is why He bears the name Patita-pavana (the purifier of the fallen). Hearing His glories, Paramananda has faith in Him alone. No other kind of faith rests in Paramananda's heart.
1. parasa-manira sange ki diba tulana
Song 4 (Bibhasa-raga)
parasa choya-ile haya naki sona
amara gaurangera gune naciya ga-iya re
ratana ha-ila kata jana
2. (Refrain) sacira nandana bana-mali
e tina bhubane yara tulana dibara na-i
gora mora parana putali
3. gauranga-candera chande canda kalanki re
emana ha-ite nare ara
akalanka purna candra udaya nadiya-pure
dure gela manera andhara
4. e-gune surabhi sura- taru sama nahe re
magile se paya kona jana
na magite akhila bhubana bhari jane jane
yaciNa de-ola prema-dhana
5. goracandera tulana kebala gorara saha
bicara kariya dekha sabe
paramanandera mane e bada akuti re
gaurangera daya kabe habe
1. How shall I say Lord Gauranga is like a touchstone? By its touch a touchstone turns objects into mere gold. But by His touch My glorious Lord Gauranga creates how many priceless jewels, jewels that even sing and dance?
2. (Refrain) Saci's son is Lord Krishna Himself, Lord Krishna who wears a forest garland. Nothing in the three worlds is equal to Him. My Lord Gaura is the Deity I worship with my every breath.
3. The moon of Lord Gauranga is supremely glorious. The ordinary moon of this world is marked with spots. No moon of this world is equal to Lord Gauranga. When the spotless moon of Lord Gauranga rises in Nadiya, blinding darkness flees from every heart.
4. Neither the surabhi cow nor the kalpa-taru tree are equal to Lord Gauranga. Before obtaining a boon from them one must first place a request. Even without receiving any request, Lord Gauranga gives His gifts to all the worlds. Indeed, it is He who begs everyone please to accept His gift of ecstatic spiritual love.
5. Only Lord Gauranga Himself is equal to Lord Gauranga. Reflect on this and you will see that it is true. In Paramananda's heart this prayer resides: When will Lord Gauranga give His mercy to me?
Compiled and translated by Sriman Kusakratha das
Submit an Article
Copyright 2005, 2011, HareKrsna.com. All rights reserved.