1. (Refrain) The avadhuta Lord Gaura dances. Without stop the perfect full moon of His face tastes the nectar of the maha-mantra.
2. His reddish eyes defeat the red lotus petals. The pupils of His eyes are like black bees. Tears of ecstatic spiritual love flow down His chest like a celestial Ganga flowing down a golden mountain.
3. His waist defeats the lion's waist. He wears a kaupina and saffron outer garments. On His neck rests a damanaka-flower garland. His ornaments glisten. His nose is like a sesame blossom.
4. His two graceful arms are two golden lotus-stems. His hands play like two elephant-trunks. The red lotus-flowers are not their equal. Lord Gaura's touch fills the earth with bliss.
5. From head to foot, the hairs stand erect on His body, hairs glorious like blossoming blue flowers. His trembling body is like a banana tree at dawn. In his heart Madhava Ghosha yearns to attain Lord Gaura's company.
Song 1 (Pahida-raga)
1. sacira angina majhe bhubana mohana saje
goracanda deya hamagudi
mayera anguli dhari kshane cale gudi gudi
achada kha-iya yaya padi
2. bagha-nakha gale dole buka bhasi yaya lole
canda-mukhe hasira bijuli
dhula-makha sarba gaya sahite ki pare maya
bukera upare laya tuli
3. kandiya akula tate name gora kola haite
puna bhume deya gadagadi
hasiya murari bole e nahe kolera chele
sannyasi ha-ibe gaura-hari
1. In Saci's courtyard crawls infant Gauracandra, who charms all the worlds. For a moment He grasps His mother's finger and walks. Then again He crawls and crawls. Sometimes He walks a few steps, and then again He tumbles to the ground.
2. As He crawls a splendid tiger-claw necklace swings to and fro on His chest. A lightning-flash smile glistens on the moon of His face. Now His every limb is anointed with dust. How can His mother bear it? She picks Him up.
. He is agitated. He cries. Child Gaura scrambles from His mother's lap. She places Him on the ground. Again He crawls. Murari smiles and says: This is not just another little boy on his mother's lap. This is Lord Hari withn a fair complexion, Lord Hari who later will become a sannyasi.
Song 2 (Kamoda-raga)
1. sacira dulala mano-range
khele sama-baya sisu-sange
2. majhe gora sisu cari pase
nace ara mridu hase hase
3. hate hate kare dharadhari
tale tale nace ghuri ghuri
4. kshane ghana deya karatali
kshane keha kahe bhali bhali
5. gora yabe bale hari hari
sisu-gana bale sange hari
6. ghana ghana hari-bola suni
kampe kali paramada guni
7. murari anande bhara-pura
papera rajatwa haila dura
1. His heart filled with delight, Saci's small son plays with the other boys.
2. With the other boys around him on four sides, child Gaura dances. He gently, gently laughs.
3. Hand in hand, the boys dance to the singing.
4. One moment there is clapping of hands. The next moment there are calls of "Bravo! Bravo!"
5. Child Gaura sings, "Hari! Hari!" The other boys also sing, "Hari!"
6. Hearing the boys sing, "Haribol!", Kali-yuga trembles. He knows a calamity is coming.
7. Murari is flooded with bliss. Now the king of sins flees far away.
Compiled and translated by Sriman Kusakratha das
Submit an Article
Copyright 2005, 2011, HareKrsna.com. All rights reserved.