Song 1 (Bhatiyari-raga)
1. phalguna-purnima tithi subhaga sakali
janama labhibe gora pade hulahuli
2. ambare amara sabe bhela unamukha
labhibe janama gora yabe saba dukha
3. sankha dundubhi baje parama harishe
jaya-dhwani sura-gula kusuma barishe
4. jaga bhari hari-dhwani uthe ghana ghana
a-bala banita adi nara-nari-gana
5. subha-kshane jani gora janama labhila
purnimara candra yena prakasa karila
6. se-i kale candre rahu karila grahana
hari hari dhwani uthe bhariya bhubana
7. dina-hina uddhara ha-ibe bhela asa
dekhiya anande bhase jagannatha-dasa
1. When Lord Gaura takes birth at an auspicious moment during the full-moon of Phalguna month, there will be a joyous tumult.
2. When Lord Gaura takes birth the demigods will appear in the sky. They will crane their necks to see Him. All sufferings will flee far away.
3. Conchshells and dundubhi drums are sounded with great joy. The demigods call out, "Jaya!" and shower flowers.
4. Men, women, children, everyone raise a great tumult of "Hari!", a tumult that fills the worlds.
5. Then, when the full-moon was manifest, at an auspicious moment Lord Gaura took birth in this world.
6. Then, when Rahu swallowed the moon, a great cry of "Hari! Hari!" filled the worlds.
7. Seeing the great hope that the poor fallen people will soon be delivered, Jagannatha dasa now floats in bliss.
Song 1 (Dhanasi-raga)
1. jaya saci-suta gaura-hari
jaya pabana jaya nadiya-bihari
2. jaya capala-gopala-mukti-kari
3. jaya akhila-bhubana-trana-kari
jaya danda-kamandalu karoya dhari
4. jaya yugala-kisora-rupa-dhari
jaya-dasa manohara hridaya-bihari
1. Glory to Saci's son, Lord Gaura-Hari! Glory to the purifier of the worlds! Glory to the Lord who enjoys pastime sin Nadiya!
2. Glory to the Lord who delivered Capala-Gopala! Glory to the Lord who removed the sins of Jagai and Madhai!
3. Glory to the savior of all the worlds! Glory to the Lord who holds a danda and kamandalau!
4. Glory to Lord Gaura-Hari, who manifests the form of the youthful divine couple! Glory to the Lord who enjoys pastimes in the heart of enthralled Jaya dasa!
Song 1 (Beloyara-raga)
1. saci-garbha-sindhu-majhe gauranga-ratana raje
prakata ha-ila abanite
heri se ratana abha jagata ha-ila lobha
papatama luka-ila turite
2. (Refrain) aya dekhi giya goracande
e canda-badanera age gaganera canda ki lage
canda heri canda laje kande
3. piyile candera sudha dure naki yaya kshudha
ta-i tare bale sudhakara
e candera nama sudha pane yaya bhaba-kshudha
haya jiba ajara amara
4. gora-mukha-sudhakare hari-nama-sudha jhare
jnana-dase se amrita caki
edabe samsara-sanka gora-nama mari danka
samana-kinkare dibe phanki
1. In the ocean of Saci's womb, the regal jewel of Lord Gauranga was manifest in this world. Gazing at the spelndor of this jewel, the people of the world yearned to attain it, and the great sins quickly hid.
2. (Refrain) Ah! He came and gazed at the moon of Lord Gaura! In the presence of the moon of Lord Gauranga's face, of what use is the moon in the sky? Gazing at the moon fo Lord Gauranga's face, the sky's embarrassed moon wept.
3. Anyone who drinks the nectar of that moon finds his hunger flees far away. The sky's moon says: The very name of this moon is nectar. Anyone who drinks that nectar finds the hungers of this world of birth and death flee far away. That person becomes free from old age and death.
4. On the nectar moon of Lord Gaura's face flows a nectar river of Lord Keshka's holy names. Jana dasa has himself taken some sips from that river. When the drummer of Lord Gaura's holy name beats his big drum, the fears of this world of birth and death flee. Those drumbeats scatter Yamaraja's servants.
Song 2 (Dhanasri-raga)
1. (Refrain) hema-barana bara sundara bigraha
sura-taru bara parakasa
pulaka patra-naba prema pakwa-phala
kusuma manda mridu-hasa
2. nacata gaura manohara sundara
adbhuta ranjita suradhuni dhara
tri-jagata loka oka bhari pa-ola
3. bhaba bibhabamaya rasa-rupa anubhaba
su-balita rasamaya anga
dwirada matta-gati ati su-manohara
murachita lakha ananga
4. dhani kshiti-mandala dhani nadiya pura
dhani dhani ha-i kali-kala
dhani abatara dhanire dhani kirtana
jana dasa naha para
1. (Refrain) His graceful golden form is a divine tree, a tree where His body hairs standing erect are the leaves, His ecstatic spiritual love is the ripe fruit, and His gentle smile is the flowers.
2. Charming, wonderful, glorious Lord Gaura dances by the Ganga's stream. To the residents of the three worlds He gives a necklace of the jewels of devotional service.
3. His body is filled with the nectar of ecstatic spiritual love. His nectar form displays the symptoms of ecstatic love. His graceful motions are like an intoxicated elephant's walk. He enchants the heart. He overwhelms millions of Kamadevas.
4. Glorious is the circle of the earth! Glorious is Nadiya-pura! Glorious, glorious is the age of Kali! Glorious is Lord Gaura's descent to this world! Most glorious of all glories is His sankirtana movement of chanting the holy names! Jana dasa knows nothing more glorious than sankirtana.
Song 1 (Suha-i-raga)
1. ke go a-i gaura-barana banka bhuru banka nayana
cina cina cina yena kari
e-i na se nandera gopala yasodara jibana dulala
a-ila kari gopira mana-curi
2. sire chila mohana cuda ebe matha kaila neda
kaupina parila dhada chadi
gopi-mana mohanera tare mohana-bamsi chila kare
ebe se ha-ila danda-dhari
3. nipa-taru-mule giya adhare murali laiya
radha-nama karita sadhana
ebe suradhuni-tire bahu duti ucca ka're
sada-i karaye sankirtana
4. nabina nagara saje gopi-saha kunja-majhe
karita ye bibidha bilasa
ebe parishada sange nama yace dina-bese
se-i e-i kahe kanu-dasa
1. Look! Look! Look! Who is this person with a fair complexion, with curved eyebrows and eyes with crooked glances? He cannot be Nanda's gopa son. He cannot be Yasoda's beloved son. He cannot be the boy that robbed the gopis of their hearts.
2. In the past His hair was glorious. Now His head is shaved. Now He wears a kaupina and a sannyasi's garments. In the past He charmed the gopis' hearts. In the past He played charming melodies on his flute. Now He carries a sannyasi's danda.
3. In the past He sat under a kadamba tree, placed the flute to His lips, and played melodies that were actually songs chanting Sri Radha's name. Now He stands by the Ganga's banks, raises His arms, and always sings in sankirtana.
4. In the past He was the teenage hero of amorous pastimes. In the past He enjoyed many pastimes with the gopis in the middle of the forest. Now He wears the garments of a sannyasi. Accompanied by His companions, He begs everyone to accept the chanting of Lord Krishna's holy names. Kanu dasa speaks these words.
Song 2 (Baradi-raga)
1. jibera emana daya kotha-o na dekhi
nayara caitanya prabhu
dina-hina-jane emana karuna ara
nahi dekhi kabhu
2. yuga-dharma lagiya bairagye bhramiya
phirena dese dese
pa-iya akincana yacia prema-dhana
3. nija nama sankirtana parama nigudha dhana
karunaya gadhala kaya
dhira adhira jada pangu andha atura
sabare samana daya
4. tina tapa tapite dekhiya tri-jagata
nayana bharala prema-jale
sitala karite heriya kripa-dithi
barikhaye kanu-dase bale
1. Nowhere have I seen mercy like this, mercy to the fallen souls. Never have I seen mercy like the mercy Lord Caitanya gave to the poor fallen people.
2. Following the yuga-dharma, He wandered as a sannyasi from place to place. Meeting the poor souls He begged them to accept the treasure of ecstatic spiritual love. In this way He gave His mercy.
3. He mercifully gave the great hidden treasure of nama-sankirtana, of the chanting of His own holy names. He was equally merciful to all, to the saints, sinners, fools, lame, blind, and sick.
4. When He saw how the three worlds suffered the three-fold miseries, His eyes filled with tears of love. Showering His glance of mercy, He brought cooling relief to the suffering worlds. Kanu dasa speaks these words.
Compiled and translated by Sriman Kusakratha das
Submit an Article
Copyright 2005, 2011, HareKrsna.com. All rights reserved.