1. (Refrain) He whose body was dark now has a fair complexion. Leaving Gokula He came to Nadiya. Putting down His flute He now sings the holy names.
2. Leaving the Yamuna He came to the Ganga's banks. There He enjoys pastimes. Putting down His yellow garments now He wears the saffron cloth of a sannyasi.
3. Sweet-faced Ra dha‘ is no longer at His left. The vraja-gopis are no longer around Him. Now Gadadhara Pandita is at His left. Now He always enjoys pastimes with His devotees.
4. He abandoned His glorious hair. Now He wears a sikha. With His mouth He now loudly calls the holy names. Hari-vallabha says: Turning away from crooked playful glances He now makes flooding rivers of tears flow from His eyes.
1. First I shall bow down. Then I shall sing. I sing that Lord Gauranga Gosa-i Lord Advaita and Lord Nityananda are my only shelter. I have no shelter but Them.
2. O Lords please place Your glance of mercy upon me. Please write that I am the servant of Your servants.
3. I grasp Your feet. Please be merciful to me. There is no one like You. Casting a glance on the fallen souls of every place You deliver them all.
4. You give shelter to anyone who approaches You. With my eyes in my heart or in my dreams I have not seen anyone like You.
5. Who speaks kind words the way You do? O Lords I a poor sinner place a request before You.
6. Placing a blade of grass between my teeth I place my request before You: Please place this Vallabha dasa always at the Vaishnavas' feet.
Song 1 (Sri-raga)
1. pape purala prithibi parisara pekhi parama dayala
prema-paya paripurna payo-nidhi prakata pranata-pala
2. (Refrain) pahum patita-pabana nama
pasupa preyasi piriti para-rasa pranaya piyusha dhama
3. pranata-palaka padabi pala-i puraba parikara meli
pracura pataki-papa parihara pada parinata keli
4. puja-i pasupati padma asana pada-pankaja-dwandwa
para panca pathe padi pekhi na pekhala jagadananda andha
1. Seeing that the earth was filled with sins, the supremely merciful Lord, the protector of the surrendered souls, flooded the earth with an ocean of ecstatic spiritual love.
2. (Refrain) He who bears the name Patita-pavana (purifier of the fallen) is the Supreme Lord. He is the abode of the nectar of spiritual love. He is Lord Krsna, for whom the gopi s feel the sweet nectar of love.
3. He who is the protector of the surrendered souls came to this world, met with His previous associates, enjoyed pastimes, and removed the sins of this world.
4. Siva and Brahma worship His lotus feet. Blind Jagadananda, who stumbles as he walks on the path, even if he looks, cannot see Him.
Song 2 (Dhanasi-raga)
1. ageyana-dhwanta duranta nimagana
akhila loka nehari
kona bihi nabadwipa de-ola
ujora dipaka jari
2. (Refrain) saba diga darasana bhela
kirane jhalamala bahira antare
timira saba dure gela
3. ku-patha parihari sadhu-pantha pathika paricaya ranna
nama-hemaka dama pahirala prema-manikhani sanga
4. dulaha sampade dina duragata
jagata bhari paripura
janama andhala ekali rahu hasa
jagata bahira dura
1. Seeing that all the worlds were plunged into the unbearable darkness of ignorance, He placed a glistening lamp in Navadvipa.
2. (Refrain) Now all the directions are clearly seen. The glistening light shines within and without. All the darkness has fled far away.
3. Now everyone has left the bad path. Now everyone happily walks on the path of the saints. Everyone wears a golden necklace of the Lord's holy names, a necklace where the jewels are the ecstasies of spiritual love.
4. Now the poor misguided people are rich with that great spiritual treasure. The whole world is filled with that treasure. Only one lonely person, a person blind from birth, is shut out from that world of treasure.
Song 3 (Dhanasi-raga)
1. nara hari-nama antare achu bhavaha habe bhaba-sagare para
dhara re srabane nara hari-nama sadare cintamani uha sara
2. yadi krita-papi adare kabhu mantraka-raja srabane kare pana
sri-kr s n a-caitanya-balye hayatachu durgama papa-tapa saha trana
3. karaha gaura guru baishnaba asraya laha nara hari-nama hara
samsare nama la-i sukriti ha-iyate re a-pamara duracara
4. ithe krita bishaya trishna pahum nama-hara yo dharane srama tara
kutrishna-jagadananda krita-kalmasha kumati rahala karagara
1. O people, when in your hearts you love Lord Krsna's holy names, then you will cross to the farther shore of the ocean of birth and death. O people, with your ears please grasp Lord Krsna's holy names. With love and respect hold the cintamani jewel of Lord Krsna's holy names.
2. If you have committed sins, then with your ears drink the sweet nectar of the king of mantras. Lord S ri Krsna Caitanya will save you from all sins and sufferings.
3. Accept Lord Gaura as your master. Take shelter of the Vaisnavas. Wear the necklace of Lord Krsna's holy names. Even the most misbehaved and unimportant person in this world will become a saint by chanting Lord Krsna's holy names.
4. One should thirst after Lord Krsna's holy names. One should wear a necklace of Lord Krsna's holy names. With great diligence one should meditate on Lord Krsna's holy names. These words were spoken by Jagadananda, a person who thirsts after the wrong things, a sinner with a wicked heart, a criminal who resides in a prison.
Song 4 (Kamoda-raga, Kandarpa-tala)
1. damini-dama-damana ruci darasane, dure ge-o darapaki dapa
sona kusuma tahe, kona ganiye re pratara-aruna-santapa
2. (Refrain) gora-rupera yan a balihari
heri sudhakara, murachi carana-tale padi dasa-nakha-rupa-dhari
3. subarana barana heri nija kubarana jani apana mana tape
nija tanu jwari bhasama sama kara-ite, paithale anala santape
4. yo sama bidhika adhika nahi anubhaba, tulana dibara nahi thora
jagadananda kahu pahumka tulana pahum nirupama gaura-kisora
1. His glory eclipses lightning. It makes the glistening mirror's pride flee far away. Who counts golden flowers glorious in comparison to Him¿ He makes the reddish dawn burn with envy.
2. (Refrain) I approach Lord Gaura's glorious form and I surrender everything to Him. I gaze at the nectar moon of His face. I fall at His feet. I grasp His feet glorious with ten toenails.
3. I gaze at His golden form. Aware of how unworthy I am, I burn with shame. I feel as if my body had burned to ashes, as if I had entered a great fire.
4. No one is greater than Him. No one is equal to Him. Jagadananda says: Only the Lord Himself is the Lord's equal. Lord Gaura-kisora has no equal.
Song 5 (Sri-raga)
1. gaura-kalebara mauli manohara cikura aiche nehari
janu hema mahidhara sikhare camara de-i ura-para dari
2. pina ura upanita krita upabita, sitima ranga
janu kanaya bhudhara, bedhi bilasa-i, sura-tarangini ganga
3. adha ambara adha sambara adha anga su-cora
janu jalada sae, ati bala-rabi-cchabi, nikase adhika ujora
4. jagata ananda pahunka pada-nakha, lakha-i aichana chanda
janu minaketana, karu nirmanchana, carane de-i dasa canda
1. I gaze at Lord Gaura hair and head and form like a golden mountain summit and a camara whisk.
2. His glorious broad chest adorned with a sacred thread is like a golden mountain where a glistening wave-filled Ganga flows.
3. His glorious limbs half covered by garments, He is like a dawning sun shining from behind the clouds.
4. Lord Gaura's toenails that delight the worlds are like the pujari Kamadeva offering arati and placing ten moons before Lord Gaura's feet.
Compiled and translated by Sriman Kusakratha das
Submit an Article
Copyright 2005, 2011, HareKrsna.com. All rights reserved.